HybridZ

2Fast2Festy, again.

MusPuppis

100_0380_568x426.jpg

Ok, so its nothing I havent posted before with one minor exception.. Its complete. Everything is hooked up and working. All we have to do is get the shift linkage done and she is 'finished'. The engine bay looks like damnit, I know, but once we get it running and worked in I'll start re-doing it bit by bit and cleaning it up, putting everything in some form of order and making it pretty.

Currently we have an odd problem.. One wretched misfire issue. Wont rev past about 3100rpm's, stumbles, acts up, its pretty ugly. I dont know why.. Ive been over everything and I dont now whats wrong.. I'm gonna replace the plugs and wires and go over everything AGAIN and see if I can figure out the issue. I need to make a little pressure tester and check the intake and I/C for leaks, god knows theres a dozen, which will of course affect us, but its not the root cause of this.

I figured I'd give a little update for the folks out there who have asked about it. It hasnt been forgotten but I havent had the time, motivation and money to deal with it with the Z, my SHO, my Z, my sisters crap-ass contour that refuses to run for more than 3 days at a stretch, my girlriends firebird and other assorted tasks in and around school, lol.

You'd think I'd burn out, but I just want more, haha.

I think these turbo Festys are the cat's meow. This is one of the best smog legal swaps going, and it's still good on gas I'll bet. No one would suspect such a little car could go oh-so-fast with that little 1.6LT! Love these little cars.

Davy

We hope for approx. 215 at the crank running 15-16psi once its tuned and such. Hope being the applicable word here.. But with a target curb weight of around 1800-1900 with driver and gas, we wont need a whole hell of alot! lol. I need to get some pics of the 'interior'. Its pretty funny.We've gone so far as to cut out assembly bolts. ANYTHING that doesnt need to be there is gone. We found an electric defroster to, haha, so soon the dash is gonna come out and I'm removing the heater core and hacking up the underside of it for more weight loss.. lol.

Corksport DP

Reich Racing ECU

15-16 PSI boost

2.25 I/C piping and FMIC

1g DSM BOV (well recirc)

K&N (where all the power is actually coming from.. we figure its adding 300hp).

Once the little turd is running and we hit our target times with the current build (high 12's) we're gonna pull the turbo off and have it re-built, ported and basicly pimped out, lol, oh yeah, and add a 75 shot of nitrous... Muwhahahaa. The b6 internals are supposed to be good to about 350hp and we intend to prove or disprove that down the road some >=]. Imagine an 11 second Festiva... *sigh*

I honestly think we'll have the lightest b6'd festy in the world when we're done. Lexan is also planned >=]

edit:

we also found out drag slicks. Mounted em on the Capri rims, which are temps until we find a nice set of light-weights that'll do the job. Tractions is going to simply be impossible in this car.. lol.

another edit..

It does BARELY fit. Its funny removing it.. its so crammed in theres a weird procedure that must be followed, lol. I'd wager a guess we have a little less than half an inch between the frame rails and the motor. Thats both sides put together by the way..

Also, for those concerned that the I/C is floating in space.. When the front bumper is in place (not the cover, the bumper insert or whatever its called) the top of the I/C bolts to that.

Yeah 215 Seems to be a reasonable goal. Its definetly going to be a fast little festive once your done. I think though 350 Hp would be insane for this little thing. So you guys are planning to make it a drag car?

Just to add in the Newer B series they have finned aluminum Oil pans. Not sure of they bolt on but if your at a picknpull take a look for one and see if it fits.

Hey,

Nice to hear your shooting for 11's, My brother and I are working on swapping the Turbo from the Lancer MR into the festiva.I'm also thinking of going with megasquirt so I can take the boost to like 22 lbs.This should be good for like 300 whp,Some say the engine can take the power to 350 but tranny is only good for 250 on a 323, I guess well be ok since the festiva is lighter.

Traction should be a big problem, We are now @ around 210 to 220 flywheel and it spins all first and part of second with the 20x6x14 slick.

I really want to finish it so I can line My Z vs. The festiva from a roll that is,There is no way a festiva will take a modded Z from a dig.