HybridZ

240Z vs 280Z gland nuts?

Harry You're correct. But they may be thinking of a different "gland" nut... My recent shipment from SHOX.com came with one incorrect gland nut in the 240 size and three correct 280 sized units... Unfortunately these 8610s must use the koni specific gland nuts... I believe the Gland nut they are refering to is the stub axle nut.

Mike

Well, don't count me as a 280Z expert, but I'm pretty sure the gland nut that holds the shocks int he strut tube is the same size on the 240 and the 280Z.

FYI... the 51mm and 56mm dimensions are the OD of the tubes. The ID of the 280Z strut tube is slightly bigger then the 240Z strut tube but I don't think the gland nut size changed.

The top of the strut tube is a larger ID where the gland nut thread in.

If one was to make gland nuts match the ID of the tube where the strut fits in, could you just cut the top off the strut housing and tap it for a custom gland nut? Does the gland nut need to cup the strut insert at the top?

Justin

Yes it is possible to cut the tube and retap the threads, this is discussed in the sectioning FAQ. In my opinion I think it's a LOT easier to just section it the normal way, because cutting the threads straight requires a lathe, and chucking the strut in a lathe is not the easiest thing to do.