HybridZ

15x8's with 4.5" BS fit with stock struts and 235-60's

These are Weld 15x8 Draglites with 4.5" backspacing and 0 offset with 235-60 Mickey Thompson drag radials.This was close with 3/8" clearance on stock strut tube with lowering springs altho I would have liked it to be tucked in about 1/2" more from fender lip but ill take it. It doesnt hit or scrub with suspension compression on bumps.

PC150097.jpg

PC150095.jpg

PC150096.jpg

how much is it lowered? Thats the same setup i want to put on my zx, but i wasnt sure if i'd run into some rubbing problems. Thanks for posting that!

They guy we bought the car from a few years ago said he put MSA lowering springs on it and it lowered it 1.5". Im not sure what the stock height of the 240z is, so I have no idea how accurate what he told me is.

It as a toss up going with the 8" wide or 7" wide rims though. I think it looks better with the 8's withthat wide of a tire.

My brother has these on his mustang maybe i'll borrow them for a few runs...

except he has 275/50/15 bfg drag radials

If you are curious here is what 275/50/15 NITTO drag radials look like on my Z. You can see them a little bit in the avitar as well.

S1010010.jpg

I am not sure what the offset is but I have close to one inch clearance to my coilovers. BTW the rims are 10 inches wide.

Dragonfly

Oh man, im glad I didnt get those without our flares on yet. Cops would pull us over and ticket us in no time around here for sticking out so far.

I like the glass hatch!

Here is a much more recent picture.

P1010019-1.jpg

The rear hatch is actualy CF and made by Beta Motorsports (John Coffee). I only got pulled over once for those tires on my car and got a fixit ticket.

Dragonfly

Here is a much more recent picture.

P1010019-1.jpg

The rear hatch is actualy CF and made by Beta Motorsports (John Coffee). I only got pulled over once for those tires on my car and got a fixit ticket.

Dragonfly

A fix it ticket for what? There is nothing illegal about those tires or you mean the tires before flares were put on?

Before the flares were put on. I had a couple of years of driving with the tires sticking out about 2-1/2 to 3 inches beyond the fender and in that time I had the one fixit ticket and all I did for that was put a cheesy little mud flap behind the rear tires and got it signed off... That is also when I decided that I should serously consider getting some flares.

Dragonfly

so those tires are just over 26"? I have 225/60r15 on 15X8 diamonds and I love the overall height of the tire(right at 26"). I'll just need more width for mine because of this little thing called...Torque.

Zs look great with tires that fill the wheel wells.

Briann510: how does that tire not rub the fender? super hard springs and struts?

briann510 do you happen to have any side shot pictures that show the entire car with these tires on.

Just trying to get an idea how it looks. I like how they fill up the wheel wells.

Thanks.

Ill get some whole car shots right after Xmas as the front rims just arrived (15x5's with 155-80's) yesterday and im waiting on the tires that will be here on Tuesday for those rims and then mount everything for pictures. Before that though im gonna shoot some video of my son smoking the old rear tires off.

Here are side shots taken today.

We have MSA lowering springs on the car and Tockico struts. The rear tires didnt rub EXCEPT when backing out of the last section of our steep driveway or a very hard suspension drop so we had to roll the front section edges front of the tires only (area shown in picture below) The tops edges didnt hit at all and they are 1/8" away from tire when suspension fully compressed but we rolled those edges as well just in case.

I now know a 5" BS would have fit perfectly with my stock struts and not hit and I would have had a custom rim done had I known that before hand so they would have tucked i na hair more to my liking but I was told 4.5" was max for stock backspacing...Oh well.....

PC300119.jpg

PC300122.jpg

PC300121.jpg