HybridZ

How to take a motor out farm boy style

flames_187

winter has been real good to us new yorkers...with that being said i decided a while back to take out my turbo motor from the a 280zxt parts car that i brought...so afta about a week of trying to figure out how to take out the harnesses without cutting any wires I decided it was time to get that bad boy out…but wait no cherry picker…dang it!...but my friend does have a tracker…now a normal person would just use the tracker as a cherry picker but me and my friends had a different idea… :wink:

4boap0o.jpg

to this

49jn504.jpg

we used the tracker to tilt the zxt on its side and got to work…

EvilC going to work on the front sway bar and control arms....

2hqe8mq.jpg

Wildbill getting the tank off and me(flames) about to torch something

34y38zc.jpg

us at work

2j12yjn.jpg

After all the cutting and driveshaft and radiator removed we pushed the car back down then lifted it back up with the tracker…this part was a little scary since it was my first time using a tracker for this but it turned on its side decently(phew).

3z8ewjk.jpg

352i638.jpg

3yxkfur.jpg

After taking off the stuts and wheels..ect this is what I am left with..

2dgrdrc.jpg

and just in case you all were wondering took and estimated 8hrs (4 hrs over 2 days)…after doing this once I know I can do this in 2 hrs if need be…AND YES IT WAS FUN!!!!!!!!!

:burnout:

p.s. these pics where taking with a camera phone so bear with the quailty of some pics

LoL....Well it did take an hour just to get the stupid tractor started!!!!!!!!!!

Having one of the fork lifts falling off while it was holding up the car does not help either...lol all in all it was fun and go the job done. Now it is time for you to get that thing in YOUR car......

Hey flames, do you still have the car? How's the damage on the front right, under the fender? I need a replacement piece. Let me know how much you want to cut it off for me, and if you're nearby I can pick it up.

Here's what I need... I drew the lines generously so I can trim it later to fit.

fr_piece.sized.jpg

poor zx, it was savable :(

unless your Fuse racing...lol...the whole underbody was roited out and so was the firewall..this actually made it a bit harder to take out the harness becuz rusted stuff was moving with the harness making it harder to yank out....

I love a nice FLAMEWRENCH... What ya gonna do with that rear diff assembly :)

i plan on selling it to get back some of the money i put into buying the car...if you need it pm me...:)

Hey flames, do you still have the car? How's the damage on the front right, under the fender? I need a replacement piece. Let me know how much you want to cut it off for me, and if you're nearby I can pick it up.

sorry the car was already taken to its death bed...i only have the headlight with the washer fluid nozzle...

Wheels!

I want that style of wheels so bad....

Hmm... If i had a tractor...

Mario

I KNOW! at first i was gonna sell them, but i took another look at them on another car and wow :shock: the black on black look is nice... i actually spent 2 days cleaning them up with carb cleaner and aircraft remover...they came out nice but i gotta do some buffing on the little nicks here and there...

49ikopk.jpg

2h7ezba.jpg

you cant really see the nicks but they are there

P.S. PLAY MY THEME MUSIC

-GOOD OL' BOYS(DUKES OF HAZZARD)