HybridZ

Sad Faces Of Meth!!

slownrusty

meth is taking quite the hold here in canada, 80% that try it one time are addicted, and all it takes is once. that and the pricks that make it, can do it in liquid form, and put it in your drink, it screws you up bad. i know my g/f is a drug and alchol counsellor at the local middle school, believe it or not, the kids need it at grade 5-9 :(

Although my sister didn't die from Meth, Meth killed my sister. At 17 she started, by 21 she was pregnant by her dealer with twins. Her continual use caused a miscarriage of one of the twins. She had the other baby, married her dealer, then he reformed and wanted her to stop, she couldn't, as was evident when she was arrested for prostitution unbeknownst to him. They divorced, my mom got the baby (she didn't show up for child custody hearing and the deadbeat dad didn't want her). Then she went into hiding, came back every few days to burgle our house, stole our food, broke our stuff, put out cigarettes in our carpet and stole about everything else before we got a restraining order on her. She didn't come back, 10 years later in Arizona, she had remarried, moved on to prescription drugs and OTC mixing. Died from an overdose of OTC+prescription meds she got based on depression, OCD and BPD. Didn't see her or hear from her at all from the time my niece was 2, she died two years ago January, and my niece is now 14, living with my mom, 65+. When she died I was relieved, very relieved. That wasn't my sister, she died in my mind when she was 17 and tried to strangle me to death over some pocket change, luckily I passed out before I died, she got what she wanted and I recovered with just a few bruises.

thats a really sad story...my family did a good job keepin me away from the drug dealers in my neiborhood...school and family was the only thing keeping me from crossing the line...then cars came into my life and i didnt even care...im less cool on my block yes but i dont plan to live in the "hood" much longer...

dudes I f....d up. I spotted this thread when It first posted and then being the hybridz fan I am called up the site on my palm while on a business trip...I threw out a smart ass post and then read the thread after it fully loaded. Brandon, I'm sorry for your loss. Terrible.

It is sad what happened to my sister, but my niece is really cool, and my mom is really happy like she got a second chance. As you can imagine, I don't take kindly to people with drugs like Meth. Let's just say between my sister and my brother, I've had more experience with drugs than any sane person should without ever having to try any. I think if my Niece ever did anything stupid, she'd have my wife and I to contend with regardless of what my mom did, I won't have a repeat of 1992-4.

I don't need any sympathy, I got plenty of it. What I believe is she's in a better place, and the person in that place is my 17 year-old sister before any of this ever happened. If she need me to vouch for her, I'd vouch for her first 17 years, the latter half of her life, I don't believe it was her.

If you take anything from this, I'd say take a feeling of distain for Meth, Heroine, and any drug that takes your personality, soul and spirit and replaces it with a demonic criminal essence that drains everyone around. Do whatever you can to get someone off the stuff, but know that you may do everything within your power and still fail again and again. Rather than make it your life's sole purpose, you have to understand that someday you may have to let go. The only fate worse than being a Meth addict is taking care of one for the rest of your life. In my experiance Addicts get really good at tugging on your heart strings and they take every advantage. As a weapon know that, like any evil, get it angry and the truth comes out. Also know that there is definitive truth in the phrase "Once a tweaker, always a tweaker."

If you need to self-medicate, stick to Alcohol and pot, at least you keep your soul intact.

Good job BrandonsZ...good job.

Ive had a handful, one very close, friends fall hard on that crap.

Fast too. Within two weeks it consumed them. One made it out, but like you said, by himself after he lied his self into a corner and had no one else to lie to. The rest never made it. I got one call, then another, and another untill they were gone.

I've owned several rental properties for the last 4 years, the local PD presented a class on how to spot Meth labs and abuse of the drug. What an eye opener that was for me, it's been many years since I was exposed to much info about drugs and their affects. (Health class in JR High, back when POT was the thing).

Meth is absolutely the worst drug a person can get involved with, either use or manufacture. It's the most addictve drug known (even more so than Nicotine) and causes the user to become violent and paranoid along with many other bizarre behaviors.

Fortunately I haven't had any users or labs in my properties but WA state (particularly south eastern WA) ranks at the top of the list of problem areas for this drug.

Brandon,

I'm very sorry for your lose and that you had to live through it, thanks for sharing it with us and we'll keep your niece in our prayers. Sometimes we all need to have the ugly reality of things placed before us to get our attention and remind us that some things are best left alone.

Wheelman

Im only in 10th grade and even last year theyre were tons of kids that are in to marijuanna and even ectasy. Most the kids I went to elementary with are now into drugs because most the kids in our neighborhood are spoiled rotten and the parents dont care what theyre kids spend money on or where they are. Theyres even kids that smoke on our bus!! Its sad that the parents didnt care enough to keep track of theyre kids and that they were dumb enough to give in to peer pressure. Luckily my parents have me work for what I get and I cant go anywhere I want anytime I want.

Im sorry to for all thats happenned Brandon, the important thing now is not loosing your neice to the same thing, and that everyone that knew your sister is smarter now.

On another note

wheelman: A while back I contacted you about some 2+2 parts in kennewick, I was just wondering If your ever at one of the junkyards (not right now its winter) and theyres a 2+2 you could give me a hollar. It would be greatly appreciated.