HybridZ

GTR2 Racing for PC

cygnusx1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went and got the game from Best Buy for $20. Installed, updated, registered, and spent about 10 minutes setting up what I could. Couldnt find a server online with the name posted at the top of the thread. Fooled around in a couple of servers anyway, driving (so to speak) the Lotus Elise. Sure feels like a car I would love in RL... but its sad how easily I get out of shape in the game... a good wheel with supported force feed-back would help loads, the joystick (as much as I love it in FPS games, lol) just doesnt cut it for driving. I am looking at the Logitech Momo wheel, goes for about $100 at Best Buy, can be had for as little as $30 to $40 bucks on Ebay. Anyone used this one? Seems to have decent reviews, and I sure as hell am not springing for the top of the line Logitech wheel, as tempting as it may look.

Also, I am experiencing hard computer freezes, not often, but at times when I change something, like exiting multiplayer, or leaving a server. I have most of the eye candy and such turned down... but it hasnt helped. Any ideas?

Where did anyone end up playing tonight? I am going to go back in in a bit to try the Elise with a little different brake bias and a smidgin of over-steer... the noob settings are probably safer for me, but definitely dont feel right.

Haha, ya that top of the line logitech is verrrryyyy tempting, so tempting i bought it! Man it looks sexy, the pedals feel soo nice and the clutch and 6speed shifter are rare. Also bought GTR2 and im installing it right now then im gonna test out my new G25. :cool:

Haha, ya that top of the line logitech is verrrryyyy tempting, so tempting i bought it! Man it looks sexy, the pedals feel soo nice and the clutch and 6speed shifter are rare. Also bought GTR2 and im installing it right now then im gonna test out my new G25. :cool:

Make sure you come to the room....I am heading there now

yea, i felt great till others in the room laid down some 1:51s.... ouch

First online impressions: LAG I've got a decent internet connection, good enough that i've had competitive counter strike teams play from my house. And driving behind someone with a slow net it looks like their car is on 4 casters... kinda funny looking. Reminds me of the dial up racing days and seeing cars fly 100 feet into the air.

Is anyone else gonna keep playing tonight? I left the sever because there was just a lot of bickering going on that bored me out. I didn't see anyone from HZ so I left.

I am still trying to dial in some settings, more on my joystick than the car. Throttle in particular is giving me some problems, which makes 1st and 2nd gears challenging at the wrong times. Sorry for not sticking around Gollum... I tried to change some settings and got DQed, then someone started a kick vote on me (lol) and then I froze in the garage. Guess its time to get some upgrades to my computer... built it in 2001 or 2002, its showing its age.

If you want, contact me either with AIM: Gollumthesage or PM me. I can help ya figure out what's good for what price range. My computer is holding up fairly well to this game so far, and it's not worth much anymore. Built it about 6 months ago and it was only midrange at the time.

when i try to start the game it says: The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I have that .dll file in the directory and everything, so i dont get what to do now. I also installed the 1.1 patch update.

i can't seem to find anything on this EXACT case, but try checking windows update for critical updates.

What's your OS? Push come to shove you can backup your KERNEL32.dll and try mine out instead just to see if that fixes it.

Taken from another board:

if u are using xp sp2 and have updated the XP security update KB917422.

this is the thing makes Kernel32 got error message with some programs...

there are 2 options for this

1. uninstall KB917422 from the [install or uninstall programs] function in the control panel.

2. download and install the XP update KB924867 (this will fix the problems caused by KB917422).

I dont know how these folks are running 1:51's???? Their cars just seem faster and they are constantly pulling away from me on the straights. I go flat out on the straights winding out the gears and they walk me! The only thing I can think of is car setup and corner exit speeds. I just don't have any more in me than 1:55 right now. Oh well, Saturday night we will play more.

As far a LAG is concerned, I dont get very much at all. Actually my ping to you, Gollum, was about 30-50ms. I will pick a different server on Saturday night with the same track, Monza.

i can't seem to find anything on this EXACT case, but try checking windows update for critical updates.

What's your OS? Push come to shove you can backup your KERNEL32.dll and try mine out instead just to see if that fixes it.

Taken from another board:

Thanks gollum, ill try that when i get home tonight

My GTR2 name is Way_2_Fast or (HBZ)Way_2_Fast

if you buy a brand new momo you will be replacing the pedals in about 3 months they do not last long. you dont have to spring for the G25 but at least get a Logitech Driving Force Pro (LDFP) i am very happy with mine and i use it about everyday i paid about 129$ for mine at best buy . if you buy the momo be prepaired to spend some more money on another companys pedals. or head over to http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/

and buy his $12 DIY pedal guide after yours wear out.

WOW, those are sick pedals. I'm not happy with my LDFP pedals since it doesn't have a clutch, and I might consider that DIY guide. That's really brilliant. I'm sure it's not cheep though. I'd be nice to see what it's cost others the build.

Eventually I want a new wheel too. I want to find a place I can test the G25.

WOW, those are sick pedals. I'm not happy with my LDFP pedals since it doesn't have a clutch, and I might consider that DIY guide. That's really brilliant. I'm sure it's not cheep though. I'd be nice to see what it's cost others the build.

Eventually I want a new wheel too. I want to find a place I can test the G25.

You can go over to rscnet.org and ask people that have finished I have bought the guide but to lazy to start and waiting for the shifter DIY to come out so I will have a complete set may cost a bit more but if anything happens I know that I can fix it that same day rather than send it to logitech and wait a few days missing races

I run a 256mb GPU, AMD64 4000+, and 1GB of ram and it runs pretty solid, though I experience sparatic frame loss due to background programs. So more ram would help me there. Other than that I run the game with settings pretty high and it's solid.