HybridZ

GTR2 Racing for PC

cygnusx1

I run it on a Socket A 1.6ghz processor, 1GB DDR ram, ATI 9600 Pro vid card, with a 19" LCD. Runs fine, I have the same freezing problem that others do with current graphics and processors. I tried removing a specific Windows update file, seemed to help a little.

I decided that with the current joystick I needed to run the school for a bit... biggest problem is steering wander... I cant get the dead-zone, sensitivity, and speed sensitivity to a comfortable compromise. I also wish I could calibrate brakes and throttle independantly, as I want quick and high brake engagement, but a longer accelerator throw. I am going to by the Momo wheel for now... possibly go to better wheel or DIY at a later date.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll find out for you.

#1 I'm almost positive it comes with the server standalone. (checking now)

It comes with a dedicated server mode, but you'll have to install the full game to get it.

#2 Not sure yet. Can't find anything

#3 I think max is 20, but it's server configurable.

It does come with a standalone server.

Not sure what the badwidth usage is but I don't think it's that much.

I think it can support 30 players but most servers do 15-20.

-Anyone want to model an S30 for us!! Now THAT would be sweet.

you can go ask the people over at smcars.net and request one or ask anyone to lend you it and then go to rscnet.org and tell somone to program it for the game. i tried at 3d modeling i got the basic shape and my bro downloaded a virus and its was history i never tried again but i still have the program (autodesk 3ds max 9 and 8)

I've used 3ds max 8, and i've put a good 200+ hours into it, so I'm not a complete idiot. But when it comes to really modeling stuff I still suck. I should take some junior college classes on it or something. Maybe I'll buy some online classes from sites I trust.

Anyone having problems connecting to the multiplayer server? I attempt to log in and it hangs for a moment then says it cant connect to the server. Was working fine last night... I spent a half hour or so watching Cygnus running some pretty consistent lap times... after I embarrassed myself by over-estimating the brakes on a 700hp car.

Well I just talked to my friend and he said they're going to be either upgrading their ventrilo service soon or get a new server (they've been through like 3 servers lately because of sponsorships and such).

PM Me if you want vent info, and once I get the OK for use of it I'll send out the info to everyone (you'll be on that list automatically tannji since I now know you have vent)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Todd a friend of mine from the rochester Z club here in Ny has put up a server, we are going to try it out tonight. Sort the tracks by name and when you see Watkins Glen with a server name of rochester......come join! Tonight 10:15...zya there!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Todd a friend of mine from the rochester Z club here in Ny has put up a server, we are going to try it out tonight. Sort the tracks by name and when you see Watkins Glen with a server name of rochester......come join! Tonight 10:15...zya there!

they need the track to be able to join

http://www.gtr4u.de/jgs_db.php?action=showkat&katid=56&sid=

a whole list of them ENJOY.....