HybridZ

single lug conversion

I was wondering if there is any kind of a Single lug conversion for the zcars. i know that there were Datuns back in the 80s that had 1 lug. I am interested in this simply for the WOW factor and because i hate the Ford style lugs that my wheels have

the "ford bolt pattern" is actually pretty common, on Z's it's the offset that kills wheel choice. Lots of cars have the 4x115 bolt spacing, like the 240sx, the B15 sentra, the altima up to 2000, older mustangs, tbirds, falcons and capris, you get the picture. See if you can't find the adaptor for one of those cars, and..umm...adapt it.

Or....you could try a "search" on this thread, there are many 5-lug options out there, and 5x4.5 bolt patterns are on almost EVERYTHING nowadays so finding wheels then won't be too much problem, and you could always get a 5-lug wheel that had a screw-on centercap to give the appearance of 1-lug wheel, since that's what you're after anyway (the look)

Attached are a couple pictures of ZWOLF showing the Knock Off wheels (1 lug). A Knock Off adapter plate is bolted to your existing lugs. Special lug nuts (look like allen wrench tuner lug nuts) are used to attach the adapters. These special lugs also act as the drive pins, which locate the wheel, and eliminate any tendancy for the wheel to spin on the hub.

wolfrearbrktc1.jpg

wolfwater4kp1.jpg

Thanks! that is exactly what im looking for. So the stud w/ the lug on it hold the adapter plate on and go into a recese(sp) on the back of the wheel? thats what i gathered from the website(correct if wrong)

Follow the link that was previously supplied to the "Vintage Wheels" web site. The picture on that page shows the adapter, and the lugs. It should be self explanitory. Of course you'll need wheels to fit the adapters.

The MGB has the same bolt pattern as a Z from what I here, The wire wheels for the MG have bolted on adapter . The big problem in the 14" wheel size. You also might want to check out the knockoffs for the Cobra Kit Cars.

Don't forget to search "knock off" as well (no boolean search function on HZ). You could try google-ing too. HZ pops up a LOT in my google searches... especially if I include "hybridz" in the search string. I often find more info on HZ by using google than with our own built-in search engine. Try it sometime:mrgreen: