HybridZ

k frame pictures

i've been looking for a while for some pictures custom made k frame but havent really turned up anything. i used the search and either came up with to many result with nothing that helped or to little results with something completly diffrent.

im curious to see what some of you have come up with for the front end with big horsepower. i have some ideas of my own that i will prolly be fabing up tomarrow.

ok heres my idea. using 1 inch OD (1/8 inch walls) tubing i want to make a sort of subframe system illustrated below. it would tie into my subframe connectors (2X6 rectangle tubing) which should make the front ende super strong. also its all tig welded for additional strength (i <3 my miller maxstar!) what do you guys think?

351062769_0a62d9b257.jpg

I had the slots on the crossmember for years, they never budged. Plenty of guys use slotted crossmembers on 510s, so I kinda never saw a big problem with it, and haven't had a problem in use. I haven't had the TC rods on the track like that, but I don't anticipate any problems there either, plus my plan is to start them at the top and then work my way down if needed, so they may just stay up forever. If I ever do see them slip, I'll get some of those serrated plates and weld them in. I think there is a link to them in the TC thread, if not there are some linked in this one: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106457

Using the search term "K-member" turns this up at the very top:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117390&highlight=K-member

Jeronimo - I've looked at your site many times as I'm looking to do something similar but you never show the finished product at least as far as I can see. Do you have a picture of the finished mounts .... preferrably with the engine out. Lastly, looks like you used the factory rubber mounts no?

Thanks

Cameron

Jeronimo - I've looked at your site many times as I'm looking to do something similar but you never show the finished product at least as far as I can see. Do you have a picture of the finished mounts .... preferrably with the engine out. Lastly, looks like you used the factory rubber mounts no?

Thanks

Cameron

Henavevy58 -

All the pics I have are up on my website. Specifically, the LS1 stuff is at http://240z.jeromio.com/motorswap. I do have pics with the motor out. Perhaps you mean motor out, but the motor mount towers in place? No luck there - I had the motor in, towers clamped, then drilled the bolt holes and bolted it up. Haven't had the motor out since then. I did use the FBody mounts.

Henavevy58 -

Perhaps you mean motor out, but the motor mount towers in place? No luck there - I had the motor in, towers clamped, then drilled the bolt holes and bolted it up.

Yeah that's what I meant. Somehow I missed the page with the mounts themselves so now I can picture the end result. Did you end up attaching the engine to the frame rails on both sides liked you indicated or just to the K-member?

Thanks

Cameron