HybridZ

Rota RB 16X8 on 280Z??

hey i am wating for the release of the Rota RB 16X8 for my 280Z. my question is will this fit on my 75 280Z with tokiko springs and shocks? will i need fender flares? i am planning to run 225/50/16 tires on them. Also how wide of tires and rims should i go with the ZG fender flares with little or no modification? they are suppose to be out but can't seem to find them. anyone know where i can get a set? i am located in california if that helps. thanks for the help.

Well after a lot of thought I think I am going to use the ZG fender flares the proper way (cutting fenders here I come). Not only will I be able to run wider tires but carbon fiber fender flares are just to beautiful. If anyone find any more info on the rims that would be great. I am going to see what I can find. http://www.18racing.com/wheel_rb.html 15X8 04 Offset $550 SHIPPED (I am not affiliated with this site). I am guessing that 16X8 will be same offset and $100 more. Not bad considering the real panasport are like $1000 for the 16X7. But panasport is probably better quatlity and all.

It's really nice to see companies step up and start making wheels for older imports. Finally after running adapters for FWD offset wheels (which IMHO look odd on an old Z) I actually have a choice when it comes to wheels.

I was leaning towards the Konig Rewinds in 16x7 after failing to find a set of reverse mesh SSRs, but now that I see the Rotas I must say I like them much better than the Rewinds, there is something about the lip and rim that I like, almost as if the Rewinds just keep getting stretched to meet the 16 inch size where as the Rotas are designed to be 16".

I wonder if these will clear my 12" wilwoods.

• 3 weeks later...

if you're going to be doing ZG flares, you probably want wheels with more negative offset so they fill in the flares correctly. You may want to do some research on the flares here, and see what you come up with. 0 offset will fit stock fenders, but flares stick out another 2.5-3" or so.