HybridZ

help me please im new

Guest datsz911

Guest datsz911

I have a 280zx and i want to build a good engine but i dont know which head and block i have to use. i already have a n47 head. I want to have the best setup for 300hp and reliability. Thanks for the tips

Guest datsz911

Thanks but i want a good setup and i live in quebec canada its difficult to find turbo parts and if 300hp its too much i will go na but i dont know what is the best with the l28, turbo or na. I need someone who try both. Money for now its not a problem.

300 RWHP on a N/A L28 is not an easy task. For 300 you need turbo. As far as getting parts ... well that what Ebay is for. you can use your existing block Its either an N47 or an F54 either way your good. just swap out your N47 head with a P90 or P79 buy a turbo exaust manifold, turbo dizzy, after market engine managment (aka computer) fuel injectors, fuel pump, blow off valve, turbo, boost controller, 3 inch exaust, and a few other things and you will have well over 300 HP to the wheels. Or just swap in a 2jz supra engine:razz:. Read read read.

Good luck.

Matt-

Avoid the hassle and swap to a V8. 300HP is very cheap to get plus all that low rpm bottom end torque few L6 motors can ever match.

And even the ones that can, well.. they're not very 'streetable' nor extreemly reliable at that point.. more of a dedicated race car motor and you sacrifice reliability for max power. Thing is.. why do you want 300hp? Heck.. anything over 200hp is plenty in a z for every day street use, and trust me thats enough to get you into trouble.. That's roughly where my 280 is at now, and I'm gona have to upgrade the suspension and brakes just to handle it.. adding more power right now would be just silly..

I promise you this setup right here will scare you and would leave you happy for awhile.

L28ET

(you can even use a L28E 75-78 N/A engine, with a P90 head from the later turbo 280ZX's)

Stock head.

Port the stock exhaust manifold.

MSnS ecu.

T04E 60-1 turbo.

Supra 440cc injectors

Pallnet Fuel rail.

Walbro 255lph fuel pump.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

MSD 6AL.

Electric fan.

60mm t-body.

Boost controller.

you can do this setup for under 3K EASY and it can be reliable.

Guest datsz911

Thanks to all i probably go with turbo setup with +/- 220 whp and v8 swap will do too much weight in the front of the car and i will have to buy huge brake to handle it. Power its nothing without control :wink:

I dont know how many ppl have told me about the v8 swap when i got my car. the problem i have with that is first finding a good motor and all the parts to put it in. i dunno it just seemed easyer for me to beef up the one i have now. I have over 200 hp easy and its plenty for a daily driver. but that isnt anywhere close to enough for me.