HybridZ

anyone know anything about this damper?

2003z

Hey, Brian

I think they are rubber just like stock.

Just less expensive than a new one from Nissan.

If I understand the website, the standard (8000 series) is similar to stock.

The plus model, (9000 series) is rubber also but is built to stay together if it separates and therefore is rated to 10K and is SFI approved.

The website mentions something about special rubber or something.

Check out the link above.

Mike.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who want to have the best IMHO rather than the least expensive take a look here http://store.zraceproducts.com/enginecomp.htm this one is for a 350Z but he also has them for L series engines as well.

Dragonfly

I don't know why you would need that for the 350z, Stock it just has an aluminum pulley. I've installed 3 superchargers on 3 different ones, 2 of which dyno over 400rwhp (mine was only 340, darn maggie!), and know of a few that are in the 500+ range and noone uses one.

This write up will explain it better than I can http://www.zraceproducts.com/damperinformation.htm like anything else out there it is a case of what you want to achieve and how much you are willing to spend to achieve it.

At this time I have not run one on my car but there will be one on my stroker before it goes back on the road.

Dragonfly

• 2 weeks later...

I'd consider buying one if I could figure out where to get a pulley to run my A/C compressor.

Their website states:

"The front of the pulley has three tapped holes that would allow special fabricated pulleys to be adapted to the front of the damper if needed for additional accessory drives."

Anyone have an idea on where we could get a custom pulley?

My money was refunded too, and the seller does not respond to email. I'd like to still order one, but I'm not sure I want to deal with this seller. I'd bet that when he went to order the dampers from the mfg, he realized he was going to loose money, so he made up the story about shipping damage. This seller communicates poorly, and special orders everything. He is selling ARP bolt kits, but you have to wait three weeks, and the price is higher than Summit Racing.

I'd stay away from this guy...

Actually,

I contacted the manufacturer and this is what they said:

"Not available yet. Check back with us in 60 days. If you need to order

it and can wait, call BCI in Atlanta 404-505-9275"

My guess is the ebay seller has their catalog and didn't know they hadn't actually released the part yet.

There is someone local that makes a solid billet 1 row pulley, without any damper on it, would that be a problem?

There is someone local that makes a solid billet 1 row pulley, without any damper on it, would that be a problem?

I am going to be a smart a$$ here so please do not take it personal... There is a reason why you see a damper on the crankshaft of every street driven engine you look at and virtualy all other engines you look at, so yes there would be a problem. Without re-writing the book what would happen is your engine would vibrate itself to pieces, its not worth the couple of bucks you save in the short term.

Dragonfly

I am going to be a smart a$$ here so please do not take it personal... There is a reason why you see a damper on the crankshaft of every street driven engine you look at and virtualy all other engines you look at, so yes there would be a problem. Without re-writing the book what would happen is your engine would vibrate itself to pieces, its not worth the couple of bucks you save in the short term.

Dragonfly

not taking it personal at all. I am looking for the lightest pulley I can find, not the cheapest. Since the euro damper is NLA, I'm just exploring options.

And, btw, the 350z does not have a damper, just a solid pulley.