HybridZ

Found 300ZX N/A parts car for cheap...should I get it?

As some of you know, I'm new to the Z thing, and my project is to rebuild/upgrade a 20 year old 240 V8 conversion in hopes of having a proper race car when I'm done. I found a 300ZX N/A parts car in pretty nice shape (just won't run...dunno why yet) that I can pick up on Saturday morning for next to nothing. Aside from the front hubs, is anything else on this car going to be of any use to me? I haven't seen it yet. I was hoping that I could use the rear CVs, but from what I've read, they are the undesirable 5 bolt units. Should I pick it up or just go to the pick and pull to scrounge what i need?

i wouldnt get it. youd have better luck going to a japanese or nissan auto-recycler/dismantler. I foudn a r200 rear diffy with the good gear ratio (forgot wat it was, lol, this was last summer, but i never took it out) 300zs dont have much that u will need for ur 240, as far as i know.

I would get it, take what you need and part the rest, this way you can recollect money for your project and when you can't stand seeing it in your yard no more, you can sell the shell to a junk yard for some extra cash, you'd be suprised at the price increase of scrap metal lately since the chineses are buying it all, now.

Just my $0.02