HybridZ

Price Quote on discontinued msa flare

NMeyer

I have the 20th Anniversary Edition but don't know what year.

Here goes.... "instant" flares--- $99.95 front pair.

$99.95 rear pair.

Street flares--- $109.95 front pair

$109.95 rear pair

Imsa style----- same price as above

ZG flares------ set of four $199.95

LOL, posted this a little late......

LARRY

Mine is from 2000.

I think that is a fair price. There are other similar flares available from Jim Cook and from the guy who bought all of AZC's molds. Also MAS (not MSA) makes a similar flare, but it is a racing piece, very thin fiberglass. If I had known about this a couple weeks ago I would have bought them. Instead I've got the MAS ones on the way.

I don't think they have a website. There is a picture of a car running the flares on this thread (he's running the rear flares in the front as well for more tire clearance): http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23482

I'll have pictures of mine when they come in as well. I've seen race weight flares before, and you really don't want them on the street. We'll see how thin they are when they come in...

EDIT--they also have box flares for 240s. They had to call me to make sure which kind I wanted.

• 9 months later...

My '72 has 3" street flares, and I love the look. The PO cut out about 3.5" from the stock fender well underneath the flares, but that still left about 2" of vertical surface under the flares, beneath the point that the flare mounts on the fender and starts kicking out. This left a gap behind the flare between the remaining length of stock fender and the back of the flare.

The PO filled this gap with expanding foam from a can, which ended up killing the installation. I just had to tear off my right rear flare, which was heartbreaking. By putting the foam back there, he invited moisture to sit against the fender, which had begun to foster rust. If I had let it go, I would have lost the fender.

I intend to re-mount a new flare, and fully seal the installation underneath with fiberglass so that moisture cannot collect back there the way it did with the bottoms left open.

- David