HybridZ

Finally went to the track today.

LOL!!

I am just trying to keep up with you big boys :wink:

I hope to get a chance to work on the car in a few weeks, in order to get it ready for SEZ. I am unfortunately away from it right now. I was hired by Pinnacle Airlines as a First Officer and am in training for the next 7-8 weeks. It is going to be cutting it close for SEZ, but I will do everything I can to be ready. Current state of the car is... I installed 1600cc (150lb) injectors (repacing the 1000cc or 96 lb injectors I was running) and a 5-bar MAP sensor (allowing me to run 30+ psi of boost). I did not have an opportunity to get any tuning time, so I have to completely re-do my fuel table for the new sensor and injectors to get back to where I was...(hopefully 2 track sessions will take care of that). Then I have to tune for the nitrous as well, so I can run it the length of the track and not just the first 60' or so, to try to keep up with you guys!!

Fun stuff as always,

mike

Mike, I will have to agree wiyh John, YOU ARE THE MAN ! I am looking forward to seeing you Guys in March.:2thumbs:

John, That is 1 Fast Wild Ride. I look foward to meating you, racing with you and checkin out your car at SEZ #8. I have a question for you ? What are you running for shocks/ struts and springs on the rear of your IRS 280 Z ?? You have a very good 60ft with this car and i would like to improve mine on my little tire 260Z my best is a 1.45 60ft If you have time give me a call 1-888-289-6261 or cell 1-423-388-0016

Thanks

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

H-m-m-m-m-m Don't under estimate the ZEBRA.It's the only tru-soldier.

Coming soon SEZ#8

Rip, I have the upmost Respect for you and the Zebra. I hope things are going well with the NEW set up, if so I would like to have a car link and the brake. Jerry

P.S. I will have a set of 28X9 M/T slicks and a set of M/T 27X10.5 ET Streets mounted on Drag lites if you want to try them at SEZ 8.

what's the fastest z to go to this event?
Roller, 1quickz( Jon Phillips) has a big tire(18.5") Z that runs in the 7's in the quarter and a small tire(9") car that runs low 9's.This will be his first time at a SEZ event. In the last two events low 9's has been the fastest I have seen.I hope you can make it! Jerry

There are a lot of fast Z's, It depends what class you are talking about. The turbo 6, has to go to ZGad I think with his engine, then you have the normal 6 cars then the other turbo 6 cars, then you have the N/A v8's then the turbo v8's then the super charged v8's then the NOS v8's.

At Sez#6 it was I think between our Supercharged Z and Doc Hunts alky fed Z and Zgad were the fastest but I really do not remember.

At Sez#7 it was Zgad, The Zebra, and another Z I am not sure who he was. We had a big issue and was not running right.

I think this year it is going to be 1 quickZ the tube chassis car, but he is not in our class being tube chassis, then you have the Zebra, then us, then ZGad who is a turbo 6 but is running as fast as we are in v8's.

It is really hard to say, we all run good most of the time, and we all have fun. You have Scottie, Warren, Wayne, Quicker240Z, Garret, etc. and a lot of others. We are not really seeing who is the king Z in my IMO.

It is just a group of great guys having a good time.

We set goals and try to achieve them, like running the 1/4 mile in 9.21 seconds with stock Z suspension and u-joints, ( we did ) now this year it is going to be the 8.s with stock suspension but with cv joints on 9" of tire.

Everybody has something they want to do.

John