HybridZ

LS swap is more powerful, more driveable than L6!

Guest Crispy Chicken

I think the frist few will be shipped out in the next week. They say another batch of 25 will be shipped out in feb mine should be in there.. My gt47 is waiting patiently for a home.... :P

Really? Why would it be a monster in the turns? :icon53: I am pretty sure that LS2 is lighter than his former L motor set up.

Newbie on his first post. There's a certain crowd that will never be convinced that a V8 Z will handle better than the 6. They don't understand polar moment of inertia or center of gravity.

I was considering doing an LS swap in a Jeep Cherokee and I was shocked to find that the inline 6 in the Jeep weighs 100 pounds more fully dressed, with most of that weight in front of the shock towers.

Sorry no driving vids yet just the walkaround and up my driveway-

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...af01263d96.htm

And no its not a beast in the corners. It seems to steer easier and turn in quicker than with the boat anchor L6. I will post the weight differences when I get to the scales. I'll be pulling the ecm and sending it to Diablosport with my new Predator this weekend so they can try to get them to work together. The existing performance tune (speartech) is blocking the Predator right now.

Oh yeah, the rear steers way easier now. I will get some driving vids up as soon as I can get one of my boys to help hold the camera.

And I don't know if it has larger boobs or not SB, But I do think it has bigger balls (bearings?).

Mike

Guest Crispy Chicken
Newbie on his first post. There's a certain crowd that will never be convinced that a V8 Z will handle better than the 6. They don't understand polar moment of inertia or center of gravity.

I was considering doing an LS swap in a Jeep Cherokee and I was shocked to find that the inline 6 in the Jeep weighs 100 pounds more fully dressed, with most of that weight in front of the shock towers.

But dude!!! Why do think they use L6"s in F1 cars and not v8's. That's why they happen to be the best handling maneuverable 4 wheel machines built on the planet.. They happen to spin them L6's to 22,000 rpm's too!!!!

Newbie on his first post. There's a certain crowd that will never be convinced that a V8 Z will handle better than the 6. They don't understand polar moment of inertia or center of gravity

actually I am all for the v8. Also just cause I have a small number of posts doesnt mean I know less than you. sorry.

Jelloman. you have to understand that we get a lot of idiots who come in here trying to tell us why V8's make Z's handle poorly and that kind of thing. You just said something that was interpreted incorrectly right out of the gate. Don't take it personal. We're here to help.

Welcome to our home. Search before you post, read the rules, and you'll be fine. There is a TON of good info here, it is the best car forum I've come across.

I apologize. I got flamed on another board when I posted my latest project, putting an LS7 into my RX7. Everyone was telling me how I would ruin the handling of the best platform ever built, how I was taking out the soul of the car, etc. I'm no physics and engineering whiz,but I know that torque is torque and weight is weight, no matter how it's packaged.

Welcome to the board Jello. Sorry for the not so friendly welcome. That's not what HybridZ is all about. It's the best forum of the many that I visit.

guys thanks for the welcome. I am young (22) but come with a bunch of experience under my belt. Along the lines of swapping LSx into FC's and FD's. I just seem to like the 240z body better for my next project.

I joined this forum for knowledge and I think, from what I see, it will be easy to get. I have learned alot so far, and I want to thank you guys for that. I hope to pick up a lot more know-how soon enough about the bodies and their weakness (if there is any). Thanks for the welcomes.

ohh I love to search so I dont look like such a noob.

Clark