HybridZ

Got S/C???

SoCal-s130

Here's a quote:

"I get asked all the time "What's it do in the quarter?" I won't be able to take the car to the track with the double blower setup this year. The bottom end of the engine wasn't built to withstand the HP that the top half is capable of making. I originally built the engine for the single blower setup and didn't think the double blower setup would make as much HP as it does. I am saving $$$$$ for an IA2 aftermarket Pontiac block and a billet crank. ( http://www.allpontiac.com ) I will be taking the 6-71 blower off and making passes with the single 8-71 this Fall. Right now, I'm too busy going from show to show to race the car. I built this car to be a "street car" first. I can show it and race it also but my first obligation was to make it streetable. With that in mind, it is not a full out 'racecar' or 'showcar'."

So the answer is, it cannot race at all. For some reason, I keep expecting to see a monster sticking out of the roof driving the car, like a Big Daddy Roth cartoon.

Davy

Show cars are not race cars necessiarily! Obviously, it was built for 1) the fun of it, 2) for show and 3) advertising! The car is a write off...every single dime! Same with the red truck with the Dbl Blower. You have to think out of the box. Both of my cars; "Two40MuscleZ and the Orange Crate" I write off for advertising! It's no big deal.

VAN