HybridZ

Hello Darth Vader or anyone else with Comp. Engineering roll

Guest Anonymous

Guest RON JONES

Darth Vader!I don't think He's been active on the Site for over a year.I'm sure Someone else will chime in.I remember this being an popular topic in the past.

Guest Anonymous

I already spent a lot of time with the search which is why I came across Darth. Nice job but still not tight enough to suit me I don't think. It is really hard to tell most times with pictures. I will probably have to make it myself to get what I want. I want a hoop that hugs the body close and that goes down to the side frame rails not the seatbelt pockets. I also want the rear bars to go all the way back and stay tight up to the body too. I need them this way cause I want the flat deck hatch (similar to pantera style). thanks for input....still seeking actual comp. eng. cage pics or car to see.

Guest Anonymous

all actually. I am going with a straight rear and subframe and want to tie in the sub frame with frame connectors and roll bar to get a strong chassis. The reason for the trouble is the routing I want. I can't seem to get a cage premade with a wide enough hoop. guess I should just call some companies and give them the measurements I want to see if they have something closer to what I want. You have to modify at most of them in some fashion anyway so why not. Just wish I could get a look at comp. eng. cage cause they supposedly fit much more snuggly.

Try Art Morrison at "ArtMorrison.com". I contacted them about a 10 point cage (what most others call a 12-point cage) for my 260Z and although the did not have the measurement in the computer for an assembly line piece, they would make what I wanted.

They faxed me a 2 page sheet with all the critical measurements needed. Take the measurements, send it back along with your hard earned money and there you go.

Add $100 to their price for the custom job.

Kinda wish I had gone that route, cause the cage I order from Jeg's has yet to make it to me icon_mad.gif although both Jeg's and Roadway Express say THEY don't have it. twak.gif

Guest Anonymous

I looked up the web site and I like what I see. I have to check with a friend because he is an overbuilding overparticular overpicky fabricator who may do me up a cage.

Jake,

I was in the same boat as you not so long ago. Although it was for my 73 Camaro, I too wanted my cage a certain way (bracing and tie-in points for stiffness)and the prefabs weren't cutting it. You are probably better off asking around to find a known good fab-man to build your cage for you...how YOU want it. I wasted alot of time looking for what wasn't available. It'll cost you alittle more, sure, but it will be how YOU want it and it sounds like you aren't gonna settle for anything else. Well that was me a few years back and I can tell ya, just have it made by a reputable fabber and be happily done with it. My $0.02

here's mine fwiw

jasonsZcage.JPG

Jason