HybridZ

New Family Member_260z

RTz

• Administrators

Today, I drove home our newest Z...

A friend of mine called me last week. He had received a letter form a local gentelmen that said he had a '74 260, owned it for 22 years, and wanted to see it go to a good home. Curiously, he didn’t want any money.

The following day, BRAAP and I went to look at it. It immediately had our attention. Garaged for 22 years... last driven in 2002. Very straight and one of the most rust free unrestored Z’s I’ve seen, with no apparent structural damage or repair. Interior is complete with only minor blems. Factory A/C, Panasports, Bob Sharp intake with Holley 390, header/exhuast work, and mild cam. Some suspension work has also been done but his memory was a little vague on the details.

Paul asked him what he wanted for it. Still, he wanted nothing. I just couldn't take it from him. I offered him $400, and he said “Thats fine”.

Currently, I have no plans for the car as I wasn't exactly in the market for the another Z. Nevertheless, Paul and I have been bench racing it...

OrangeZ.jpg

OrangeZ_B.jpg

To be continued....

Guest Phil61484

Beautiful free car!!!! i wish i was so lucky, im hunting a good cheap 240 or 260 in the tallahassee/north florida area, college kid budget doesnt go far tho when you need a mostly rust free car. Have fun restoring it!!!

• Administrators
Say, this looks a lot like Paul's old car?!? What's up with that?! *insurance fraud* *cough* ;)

Nice find :2thumbs:

Davy

Someone was really paying attention when I posted pics of the original BRAAP car… :D

Ron’s new car is the original Datsun Orange, (picture makes it ”look” red), my car was red with orange metal flake. Also, Ron’s new car is a 260, mine was a ’75 280.

Though the pics do look an awful lot alike ?!?!?!

Mine...

280Z1.jpg

Rons...

OrangeZ_B.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks guys.

I've ended up spending a surprising amount of time with the previous owner and his wife. They are very genuine people. I think, even better than the car, I will have made friends.

Thanks guys.

I've ended up spending a surprising amount of time with the previous owner and his wife. They are very genuine people. I think, even better than the car, I will have made friends.

Awww CRAP...a great free car AND friends...I have neither...somebody hug me.

:icon14:slownrusty:icon13:

That's as near to a hug as your gonna get from me... and no funny ideas, okay!!:mrgreen:

Awww CRAP...a great free car AND friends...I have neither...somebody hug me.