HybridZ

Friend lost his z car cant find it !!!

gretchen/jason

Has this ever happend to anyone . I have a friend and i was going to look over his z car to buy it from him . Ive seen it before so i know its real . He had it towed from his old place to his new place .

It ran but only roughly . So he asked his apartment complex if it was ok to have it there . They said sure . It was curent and registerd . Well he said hed been out of town for about 10 days and we went to look at it and it was missing !!!!!

No one seems to know where it went the apartment complex didnt have it towed off and if someone hot wired it maybe they could get a half a block before it died . Its gotta suck to just loose a car even the cops dont have any reports of a car on the side of the road being abandoned .

It suck cause i was looking to buy another z car for a project car to redo top to bottom . And he only wanted 200$ arrrggghhhh

Jason

Several shady characters around here pick up "stray cars" from complexes and even beside the highway and take them out to country shops and chop em. Then they haul the hull to crush. Back in 92 I had a 69 f150 pu run out of gas on me near home and 4 hrs later it was gone. 2 weeks later I saw my tailgate with a little hand painted Marvin Martian ( by me) on another truck in town. I told the latino dude driving it I was calling the cops unless he told me where he bought it and he gave me the name of a small shop about 8 miles from where I broke down. I called the cops and they found most of my parts, but the cab and frame had been crushed..

Ok so i found out the deal , the buddy of mine moved in with his girlfriend . She told the tow truck driver where to put the z . To bad it was parked in the wrong place !!!!! It was promptly sent to the impound lot and now has a 1,200$ fee to boot .

The poor guy has to give the impound lot the title and give up his z car . A sad sad day here in colorado springs . :(

find out if the tow yard ever has an auction for the cars no one comes to get. if so then just wait for the auction. I saw a 77z on the side of the freeway (I35W) 5 months ago with a bright orange sticker on it. when it was'nt there anymore i called the fortworth auto pound and they said they got it and that it would be up for auction in 60 days. so, i waited. it came up for auction and i won it, $325. oh, and it was on the side of the road because the fuseable link had a bad connection. i got it running and when i slam the door it dies. $1.29 fix. vroooom vrooom!!

That is a crock of sh!t... I've never heard of impound fees being that high. I know several towing and impound guys and none of them charge anywhere near that. Typical tow and impound will cost $80 for the tow and $10-20 for the storage fee on a daily basis. Which still doesn't come near that amount.

Guest TeamNissan

Ya thats a shake down 100% lol. I got arrested in usa rippoffville NYC and my 98 exporer impounded on friday so that I had to wait untill monday to get it out (paying storage fees) and it wasnt even close to that much.

Atleast it wasnt stolen though, my 90 n/a 300zx was stolen like 10 months ago. I did a follow up with the cops after a few months and they laughed at me. Then I saw a fender on ebay painted the same copper-orange. The ebay account was also in jersey so I figured what are the odds? Cops wouldnt do anything, ebay wouldnt do anything. No one seems to want to do shite about anything these days but take your money.

That actually falls under the "prove it" catagory. The cops and eBay can't do anything because if they do that makes them legally liable to be sued in court which no one wants. Thanks to so many people winning bullsh!t court cases, like the guy who sued the home owner of the house he broke into and won, no one wants to do anything anymore. A smooth talking lawyer and a by the books judge will let anyone off and end up with the innocent party getting hurt even more.

Yep its a rip off it comes out to about 95$ a day since the last time he saw it which he figures to be about 10-12 days because he bought a KIA to replace the z with !!!!

They have a public auction every so often around here i may show up and see what i can bid on it . Its not worth more then 300$ and im just looking for a roling shell that has a floor board in it to restore .Seeing as my floor boards are like Fred flintstones car .

Jason