HybridZ

Floor pan replacement question

Guest Anonymous

hey,

I'd also like to get some information on general floor pan/undercarriage sheet metal replacement.. I found a 260 locally, the guy wants 450 for it, its in good shape with an l28 and early SU's. I wasn't really looking to do any body replacement, besides cleaning up and painting, I haven't done floor pan work, so i don't know how hard it is, probably out of my capabilities. Can anyone give me a quote on about how much it would be for a body shop to replace the pans? I was just looking for a good rust-free early 240 but around here I don't think one can be had for under 1800 bucks, which is more than I can really spend. Any info is greatly appreciated

-980mak

Wick Humble's book "How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car" has a brief section on this. He did a much better write up in Zcar Magazine, Issue 16, but since thay are no more it will be tough to find. I do have a copy of the article that I could mail you though. Email me if your interested. Wick's book should be available at Amazon.com and is a great resource.

Ahhh, impeccable timing on this topic! I was just searching out the Zed Findings (sp?) site the other night looking for just this information. Thanks for scanning the article Jeff! I have Wick Humble's book, but this is more in depth.

Thanks guys, it was no problem. bonk.gif

Scottie, I know we just talked about this and I forgot I had printed this article. Just remember that the replacement pans will fall short of the rusty section at the base of the firewall many times. This is the case with mine and Scotties cars. You will need to get some sheet metal and fabricate a patch for these areas while you are doing the pans. It's not a horrible process, but does take a bit of time. Good luck to all.

• 1 year later...

I've still got the article but I can't find the scanned images on my hard drive. I will rescan and put it back on the web as soon as I can. Work is a nightmare right now and I'm off to Atlanta tomorrow so give me a few days.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...