HybridZ

Simply amazing 250mph in a bone stock car

wigenOut-S30

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamNissan

Na I read its about 700k for each in parts and labor. Like I said they blew a insain amount of money on R&D that just might have put them out of biz for good.

You wanna' know what I think? Well I'm gonna tell ya' anyway. The Germans are using Bugatti to bail out the parent company. They're cooking the books to the tune of $150M bucks to screw over their debtors by declaring bankruptcy with Bugatti.

Did anyone hear him say tires will be done after 15 minutes, but that's ok, cuz the gas tank will be empty in 12.

I agree. To call it stock is not fair.

I don't think it would cost an extra 800,000 to make a lambo or a ferrari go 250mph. they top out between 200-220mph, not that far off.

Just my opinion!

I still say this is a sham... a ploy... a lie... a cheat... total BS... to scru the parent company's debtors. There is no way they spent $150M in R&D. Once Bugatti is bankrupt, all those debts disappear in a murky quagmire of smoked books.

I still say this is a sham... a ploy... a lie... a cheat... total BS... to scru the parent company's debtors. There is no way they spent $150M in R&D. Once Bugatti is bankrupt, all those debts disappear in a murky quagmire of smoked books.

I like this theory.. and if its true so be it - the world got an amazing car out of the deal.

Guest TeamNissan

I wish it was I really do lol, but vw and audi arent even close to not making great returns.

Yeah that's true. But only wealthy a-holes can afford one:mrgreen:

I like this theory.. and if its true so be it - the world got an amazing car out of the deal.

Let me just ask you this. If your CPA told you that you could bank $100M free and clear and legally by cooking some books (legally moving money around), would you? It's just a question.

I wish it was I really do lol, but vw and audi arent even close to not making great returns.

Saw 5 different ones parked and driving around at the Pebble Beach Concours this last year. It's a nasty little car, smaller than I expected. Remarkable fit, finish and craftsmanship. American V8 on crack exhaust note. 365 width rear tires (yes 365) are drag tire wide looking. I was telling a fellow I know about it(a rich guy) and he said yeah he knows all about them, but it's too much for him. He pointed out that in California just the taxes and registration for that car are approximately $100,000. CA DMV has a reg. calculator on their site and it's true.

Paul

It was 6 million POUNDS per car from what I've heard.

But common guys, it's one FAT lady. A much better car imo that costs far less is the saleen S7. Comparable accell, comparable top speed, better handling, and 100% race car derrived. And it's the only race car really giving ferrari a bad time out in the GT circuit. It's one BAD car.

Who cares if you have 1000 AWD HP if you need a 800 pound tranny to do it all? Imo the veyron NEEDS 1000hp to push it's butt around. The main marvel is just how well this thing CAN handle in spite of itself. It's like how amazing the evo is for it's cargo space, it's just unheard of. The veyron is that on steroids. How "advanced" can we make a vehicle? The veyron is the answer. But it's certaintly not the fastest car you could make for a million bucks. Lets not forget that most of the worlds fastest kit cars would blow the doors off the veyron around a track for under 150k. (noble, ultima ect.)

My hat is off for the engineers, but the whole thing seems like a waste to me.

Guest TeamNissan
Let me just ask you this. If your CPA told you that you could bank $100M free and clear and legally by cooking some books (legally moving money around), would you? It's just a question.

I would because I'm poor, they are already billionares what would then have to gain?

Guest TeamNissan
It was 6 million POUNDS per car from what I've heard.

But common guys, it's one FAT lady. A much better car imo that costs far less is the saleen S7. Comparable accell, comparable top speed, better handling, and 100% race car derrived. And it's the only race car really giving ferrari a bad time out in the GT circuit. It's one BAD car.

Who cares if you have 1000 AWD HP if you need a 800 pound tranny to do it all? Imo the veyron NEEDS 1000hp to push it's butt around. The main marvel is just how well this thing CAN handle in spite of itself. It's like how amazing the evo is for it's cargo space, it's just unheard of. The veyron is that on steroids. How "advanced" can we make a vehicle? The veyron is the answer. But it's certaintly not the fastest car you could make for a million bucks. Lets not forget that most of the worlds fastest kit cars would blow the doors off the veyron around a track for under 150k. (noble, ultima ect.)

My hat is off for the engineers, but the whole thing seems like a waste to me.

The Veyron isnt just about gross though, just look at the interior and trimmings. Beyond that a noble would get eaten by a veyron and its basicly 4 tires and a engine lol.

This is why the veyron won't beat the world record for the 0-100-0 right? (held by an ultima, a kit considered inferior to the noble).

You're talking about a "stock" noble, and there are ones with 2-3 times those hp level.

As soon as you start talking about "fit and finish" you start talking about what makes the veyron what it is, and I don't doubt that it's an exellent car. BUT it's not THAT increadibly fast IMO. That's what I'm getting at. If you're willing to go with a more "racey" feeling car that isn't as comfortable or well finished you can go just as fast with less than one fifth of the cash.

There's also other cars with ludicrous speed, such as the ariel atom, a vehicle that can beat many bikes around a track.

Guest TeamNissan

I'm not trying to argue, what I'm saying is you cant compare the 2. I'm not impressed with the bugatti, I said that already but my point it that The veyron isnt a million dollar track car. You cant compare a basic all racing track car to a luxury super car. That consequently is why they arent selling any of them either, atleast the mclaren was all biz. In the Veyron you dont know wether to hit the track or starbucks lol.

I think after like 400k you cant use the bang for your buck comparison either. For a certain amount of money you can ofcourse go faster, stop quicker, out handle just about anything. Thats not what your buying when you buy a car like the veyron. Your buying 100mil in r&d, your buying excess, your buying envy, style, speed is inconsequenxcial as I dont think any ritch douche would dare to take a million dollar veryon on the track and really use the power as it should. As a matter of fact just about all the stats and figures come from the company and indipendant testers as no one has the balls lol.

Beyond that I dont see how the 0-100-0 record has anything to do with the comparison. There are gt lemans race cars that dont beat that record too but I dont see them using nobles lol.

My idea of a impressive bugatti would be the eb110 lol.

I agree with your last statement too, the whole thing really is a waste. There is no market for people that want to do 200mph in leather seats while flipping through the cd changer lol. I wish they would focus instead of being all over the place.

Well we both agree 100% then. :D

The only reason I'm so strict on my point is that the thread was about the SPEED of the veyron, thus it was titled "250 mph in a stock car".

Considering speed, i think it's rubbish. That's all. And I 100% agree a veyron might be worth it's money and when you're shelling it out you're paying for it's R&D and much of that is very impresive, and we both agree though that it's utterly pointless :D

I think both of you were getting at the same point in a rather round about way. The Veyron is not just a sports car and not just a race car. It's both. It's a undeniably fast car with no shortness of comfort and style. A similar idea was eluded to in the thread a week or so ago about "The new sports car"; No auto maker sees profitability in selling a striped down, race inspired car. Today everything is about the "bling" and how luxurious you can make a package. I honestly believe this is why the F-body cars were becoming unsuccessful and will never reach the same level they had 10 years ago if they are ever re-introduced.