HybridZ

Do they or can they make one?

typhoone

Okay, i love the fact that with a manual transmission you are better able to control your car's RPMs and other stuff, but i also love the ease and comfort of an automatic simply because if i am really tired at night and about to starve on my way home i can drive and eat and not spill a single thing. SO, i was wondering, is it possible to get a manumatic, sportronic, etc transmission for a 300zx? I have never really heard of one, but who knows, maybe i just missed it. I hope someone says something like "Of course you can, go this website ..... and they can get you one no problem." but somehow i doubt it. lol.

okay, i emailed lenco, thank you for that information, just wondering, mike what do you mean by CV? somehow i have a feeling i am going to regret asking that, simply because it is probably something simple that i will kick myself for not know the second i read it.

...simply because if i am really tired at night and about to starve on my way home i can drive and eat and not spill a single thing.

This my boy, is called "developed talent", though some call it insanity.

Try eating a carl's jr six dollor burger (guacamole) with a large drink in between the legs, with frys between you and the center console, driving stick on a mountain road. I've done it, and without ANY stains on me or the car.

Though I can't vouch for the shirts from the learning process. :lol:

This my boy, is called "developed talent", though some call it insanity.

Try eating a carl's jr six dollor burger (guacamole) with a large drink in between the legs, with frys between you and the center console, driving stick on a mountain road. I've done it, and without ANY stains on me or the car.

Though I can't vouch for the shirts from the learning process. :lol:

I bow to you master:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

You're going drag racing right? You might want to contact Keas in australia if money is no concern. He might be able to help you out.

If you use the z32 auto, you could rig up something like the maxima guys use.

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=99

This would also work for a KA auto trans.

You could also make the 4l80e shift manually with switches but to do so I believe you remove the auto shifting completing. There's a pdf floating around a hotrod forum on how to do this.

Isn't somebody making an aftermarket paddle shift conversion for chevy automatics now? Let me see if I can get a link from the good ol' internet here, hang on...

In the last Nissan Sport it had a article on a paddle shifter for the SE-R Sentra, might then make one for the 300zx tranny. Not sure of the company because my magazine has gone missing.

just wondering, mike what do you mean by CV?

Mike's talking about those gearless rubber band boxes that have two pulleys with variable ratios (One of the pulleys is actually two cones with the tips facing each other that get closer and further apart so the belt rides higher or lower as necessary to constantly change the ratio). I've never heard of one that could handle that kind of HP...

Yup... that's what I'm talking about and nope... none I'm aware of can handle that much HP/TQ. But wouldn't it be cool if one was available that could not only take the power for the long-term but could be tuned to the RPM you want?

Mike's talking about those gearless rubber band boxes that have two pulleys with variable ratios (One of the pulleys is actually two cones with the tips facing each other that get closer and further apart so the belt rides higher or lower as necessary to constantly change the ratio). I've never heard of one that could handle that kind of HP...

The one saturn uses on the Ion and Vue was total garbage. I've railed on it's non-merits elswhere, but EVERY one that left the showroom ended up on the service drive at least once. From a gutless 2.2L...I've heard the one Nissan was using on the Murano is supposedly reliable, but the GM one is total junk. (I work in a Saturn parts department so I see them ALL the time)