HybridZ

Ron Tyler Diff mount installed (pics inside)

wigenOut-S30

I am in the process of replacing all of my bushings with energy suspensions eurothane bushing kit. MatGNZ made me a Ron Tyler diff mount. I decided this would be a great time to install it as well.. You know the "while Im at it's. This is on my L28turbo powered 280Z with a nissan tranny. I also was able to still use the stock front diff mount. I know Garrett and Ivan also installed them this way. I took some pics. Please excuse the underside of my Z.. It is rather dirty lol.. Here are the pics.

DSC000401.JPG

DSC000433.JPG

DSC000441.JPG

Looks good there Gabe!! I know you will like the way it stiffens up the drive line, I did. Mine has been in use for 4 yrs now, w/o a single hick-up.

I'm kinda surprised the stock mount can be retained... I've never heard of anyone trying it that way. Good discovery.... :burnout:

Thanks Joel, but I cannot take credit.. Garrett did his this way and thought that was the way it was intended for. So did I till I started researching what it was built for. I cannot wait to drive the car now. I am sure she will handle soo much better the eurothane bushings.. Joel, you and your Z going to be able to make SEZ this year? I sure hope so man.. If not your Z.. you should still come. It is a blast..

Thanks Joel, but I cannot take credit.. Garrett did his this way and thought that was the way it was intended for. So did I till I started researching what it was built for. I cannot wait to drive the car now. I am sure she will handle soo much better the eurothane bushings.. Joel, you and your Z going to be able to make SEZ this year? I sure hope so man.. If not your Z.. you should still come. It is a blast..

I sure would like to make the 620mi trip each way to join you guys. My car is up to it this time around.

I'm slowly getting it tuned since the RB swap. I put the first 22 miles on it today, trying to dial in the off boost drive ability.

I'll have it kickin ass and taking names by March 25th, but I'd sure hate to drive it all that ways and not run it. Nothin worse than breaking something on the car you have to drive home....

I will have to decide if I can go but not run it, just to be safe. It'll be fun just to show up, so everyone can see it, even if I don't plan on floggin it..... :burnout:

We'll see... lets just say at this point " I'm hoping to make it to Reynolds " :redface:

Hey!

Anyone out there make the Ron Tyler Diff Mount for hire?

Im willing to pay good money for one. I have the print and the welding equip but....

Im farming out as much as possible to move the beast along. I have already farmed out the Power Brute install and suspension blast and coat.

The paint too of course but shes not ready.

Any takers or has this been tried before

Didn't a member by the name of MatGNZ make a number of those mounts? Maybe he still has some to sell.

If I were you I would start a new thread with a title like "Want to buy a Ron Tyler Diff Mount". I would also do a search to see who has made any of them and whether there are still some available.

Seems like something Ross should carry.

One thing you might want to consider is what I did. Print out the diagram, take it to a local machine shop, and have them make one up for you....

Mine was done in no time, and fit like a glove. It didn't even cost me that much either (don't remember now though...) :redface:

Thanks J. That would have been my next move. It's heavy metal and would have to be cut at a shop any how. I have mig and stick but if a shop had to cut it I might as well pay for the assembly.

Didn't a member by the name of MatGNZ make a number of those mounts? Maybe he still has some to sell.

If I were you I would start a new thread with a title like "Want to buy a Ron Tyler Diff Mount". I would also do a search to see who has made any of them and whether there are still some available.

Seems like something Ross should carry.

Thanks wood. Good advise. One would think that Ross would have it on the shelf!! Wuz up wiff dat? BTW I PM'ed Mat last monday. Must be on vacation.

Nevermind, I saw the dwgs on another post. I'll let you know when I have some done.

Roostmonkey, let me know what you need. Im ready to buy. Maybe you should whip up a few? Pm if you need anything. Maybe soon I can post pics of an install!!! Lookin good wigenOut!!

Thanks guys,

• 5 months later...
sweet install! hoepfully i'll be doin that soon.

do u guys knw if theres a polyurethane diff mount? the nos one from nissan is $97 cdn + tax...

Do a search on this diff mount. It uses a TH350 / 400 polyurethane diff mount on it, hung from the top of the diff.

You don't even have to use a oem diff mount with the RT mod.....