HybridZ

This is the 1st time my car has had a problem, that makes me happy.

big-phil

Too much horse power! We tuned my car 4 days ago at 17 psi. That was Wednesday, Friday my clutch starts slipping in 4th at 17 psi. It made it 2 days on a solid tune.:burnout: :burnout: Its makes me smile kinda? Has your clutch ever slipped, in 4th frickin gear, at 120 mph???? Its awesome!! Now I'm going to drop about $400ish on an ACT set up. Chris, who tuned my car has had one for 4 years on his 374 rwhp turbo 240Z If thats good for him, its good for me. His new motor, that you see in one of my youtube videos. He's going for 410 rwhp, on pump gas----daily driver:icon45:

Slipping at 120mph! That's your safety speed limiter bud! I have the 6-puck ACT on a 280Z flywheel and it grabs like a lobster claw. I use the unsprung disc and get some chatter when it warms up. It's not really an issue except when I am babying it around parking lots.

Has your clutch ever slipped, in 4th frickin gear, at 120 mph????

On my turbo G20 (~300 whp), mine used to go out at about 75-80 mph in 3rd gear on the strip (made for crappy times!), or after a few hard laps on the track. Its just the heat that gets it... after a while it just gets so hot it slips. My ACT HD SS did fine for regular daily driving, but under repeated hard use it let me down repeatedly.

I like ACT pressure plates but their street disc couldnt hold my power... see if JWT makes a one-side metal disc for your motor. It's a nice compromise between an organic and a metal disc. Thats what I ended up replacing the ACT SS disc with to solve my problems. It grabbed like crazy.

- Greg -

I am not near the 17psi mark but I'm slowly tuning as I drive the Z across the country. Still have been lucky and have not hit bad weather yet..(but it's snowing in PA...yikes!)

The good-good news is that over the 900 miles I drove yesterday thru texas (phil your state is awesome, except for the el paso cops....gave me a ticket for doing 70 in a 60 100 feet before it went back to 70)

but my point is I'm getting 30 miles per gallon.

That's right....30. (and my odo is accurate, we're actually using the atlas to get mileage)

I'm using less gas than oil.

My infiniti is even getting 27, that texas gas is something else!

Shouting out from Sulphur springs, hope to make PA today but probably will stop in Tennessee....

I have run up to 18psi on the stock clutch. However that is with the stock turbo exhaust housing (upgraded compressor housing) I just think I've been lucky with that one.. I just bought a Holset Hy35, I'm betting my clutches days are numbered. The key number being... one, 1day. Ha ha..

17 pounds of Boost! Wow, very impressive! Phil when the clutch is in ya gotta make a vid of that baby burning rubber insane krazy.

I did one great burn out before the clutch went, and now that I have the Sportmax wheels comming in. After I get some tires for them, I'll have to roast my old ones on film!!

6 hours from home.....Z's getting her trial by ice. Still tuning, still getting 28-30mpg, but way rich on boost and high rpm.

I'll share mine also when it's done.

What a drive....Sulphur springs,TX to Weithville,VA nonstop. Only 6 hours from home and stuck for who knows how long. Still gonna try tomorrow.

Can't wait for your next video phil!

6 hours from home.....Z's getting her trial by ice. Still tuning, still getting 28-30mpg, but way rich on boost and high rpm.

I'll share mine also when it's done.

What a drive....Sulphur springs,TX to Weithville,VA nonstop. Only 6 hours from home and stuck for who knows how long. Still gonna try tomorrow.

Can't wait for your next video phil!

Thanks, drive safe and don't forget the coffee!! I just orderd a new ACT clutch, so next week the videos start flowing again!