HybridZ

A long sad day.......

jbk240z

Guys, I am posting this only to express my feelings. I am sure a few of you have been through this. I got a call about 7:15 this morning (the 16th). My Grandpa who has been in a nursing home since December '03. I was there at 7:50 or so. Wayland, my G.P. has had numerous health issues including dementia, parkinson's, kidney failure, hypertension, prostate cancer, and recently a bad case of pneaumonia. Well all of us have been preparing for the inevitable for quite a while. He struggled all day to breathe and finally passed about 5:30 pm. I have been to a few funerals for loved ones, but it really sucks to sit and watch someone die. I post this to remind all of us to not take family for granted. You get up in the morning to go to work or? Kiss the wife, kids, etc. Garth Brooks made a good song, If tomorrow never comes, listen to it. Keep the faith guys, and remind your loved ones how much you love them.

R.I.P. Grandpa Wayland

You have it right, jbk240z.

Your grandpa's suffering is over. He's in a better place now. You'll be sad for awhile but please remember this... the sorrow we feel from loss is what we feel for ourselves. Your grandpa will only be sad if he sees you that way.

Time is on your side. Use every minute of it.

Mike