HybridZ

Front 13" low buck brake kit....DONE!

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this thread to find out if you have any more pictures of what you've done. This is a very intriguing idea for a reasonably low cost. Pics??

EDIT: Nevermind, the pics show up fine in the first post and enlarge when clicked on. Nice work!

Davy

• 2 months later...

th_datsun005.jpg

th_datsun003.jpg

th_datsun001.jpg

th_Datsunbuild020.jpg

th_Datsunbuild018.jpg

th_Datsunbuild021.jpg

Sorry, I should have left the pictures up.

I did about the same thing on the rear, but ended up using a Maxima rear rotor and a ford taurus rear caliper (cheap and plentiful)

They stop great, I have some proportioning adjustments to work out yet, but they don't pull or do anything wierd. I still haven't had the car on the track yet, but hopefully I will soon. I need to get rid of these 3.50 gears and get something to wake it up a bit.

The front calipers have plenty of room. That faced off spot on the caliper is where the "cobra" logo is machined on the calipers from ford. If you get them direct from PBR, they show up like this. I have about 1" of clearance between the caliper and the wheel spokes.

Not that I know of John. The pin end should NOT be loaded under braking, and on the mustang cobra, the caliper is trailing the front spindle, so the pin has to be down, because the pad is forced up under braking.

They can be assembled either way..... just switch the brackets left to right and switch the inner and outer pads in the caliper...so long as the bleeder is pointed up, and the pin is opposite the loaded end of the bracket. If one were to use the caliper in the leading position (in front of the spindle), which I imagine has been done on occasion, the pin would be on top.

• 2 months later...

I used a 94-03 maxima rear rotor, and I used rear calipers from a 95-07 taurus, which in retrospect were a little big at 43mm. I probably should have used a smaller bore caliper, like a 40 or a 38mm. I'm trying to get the bias dialed in my prop valve and I'm playing with different friction pads. Right now I've got PFC-01s on the front and Axxis Ultimates on the rear, but I may go to something a little less aggressive on the rear.