HybridZ

275-40/17 Mickey Thompsons DR pics

Offset is 35mm, I have 10mm worth of spacer and rotor hat. So if it was on a stock Z drum a 25mm would be the same. Ya, 2.5" x 8" CO's. It fits but it is tight. Had to trim a little on the coil over sleeve and colar. They don't stick out so much with a little camber. I am at 1/4* neg in the pics.

Fronts are 17x8 25mm with a 235/45 tire. I did run a 245 at one time but Toyo doesn't make RA1's in a 245.

First off thanks alot for the time youve taken to answer my questions. I am currently trying to pick new wheels and tires (again) for my V8Z and this info helps me an awful lot.

OK I wanted to clear this with you. You stated your rears are 9" wide and (with stock Z hubs/brakes) the offset would be 25mm. By my math a 9" wheel (10" bead-to-bead) with 25mm offset would have a backspace of 6"...and this clears the strut tube? I thought 5" was the usual max on coilover cars with 5.5" being a rarity.

So your fronts are 8" wide with 25mm offset..which would be 5.5" backspace in the front. I also thought that was too much.

I am looking to get the max contact patch on the ground and your combo looks to be ideal. I just want to make sure Im clear on your backspacing and sizes before I use it for reference on a purchase for my Z.

I have stock 71 hubs and brakes. I also have coilovers with 2.5" springs but my springs are 10". Im willing to go 8" in the rear to gain a 275 though :D Im hoping Ill be able to fit a 235 or 245 in the front with the 10" spring. But with my stock hubs you are saying a 6" rear and 5.5" front backspace will fit with 8" springs eh?

Jason

On the fronts you'll have no problems with a 10" spring and a 245. It's just the rear. My front hubs also stick out (I think it was 10 or 12mm) more than stock Z hubs, it was have as much of the difference as a Z31 hub. You would have to run less offset in the front than 25mm. I could get away with a 15mm easy, so a 5mm or zero would work for S30 hubs.

On the rear, I have a hat that is .100 thicker than the stock drum and a spacer that is .315" = 10.4mm - 35mm offset You would need a 24.5mm wheel to get the same wheel placement with drums and no spacer. If you had a little more, I know 27mm is common, you could add a small spacer. If you run a 16" wheel you would need to move it out board a little further a few mm to clear the strut tube.

• 2 years later...