HybridZ

distributor on a vg30dett?

Matadem

is there any way to adapt a distributor on a vg30dett?

unless there is a cheaper way of triggering those direct fire coils

I want to build a blowtrough carbed vg engine have the choice between vg30det or vg30dett

leaning towards vg30dett because of the twin cam heads (intake will be custom made)

I already got the procharger hat, carb, fuel pump, regulator for boost, wideband, holset turbo, hks bov, deltagate wastegate, fmic intercooler and right now looking at the j&s safeguard boost and knock retard

project car datsun bluebird

are the vg30dett allot stronger than the vg30det

Thanks

I guess the closest thing I can think of would be to mount an MSD optical pickup on the crank, and run a MSD DIS system off of it. but the time you have it all figured out you could just do an OEM harness, ECM and intake? there isn't any real advantage to running a carb on the DE's it not any easyer or anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that you are doing this?Interesting project but seems like a strange engine candidate.The vg30dett is a beauty of an engine but i cant picture one with a carb,not to mention half of nissans development cost for the motor went into the intake design,im thinking you will be taking a step backwards with it but it should be interesting to see finished.