HybridZ

any like the desert and Trophy Trucks?

Guest Death69

Guest Death69

just wondering if anyone here likes riding in the desert or take a prerunnered truck out to the desert for a fun weekend. it seems to be mostly a southern california, arizona, texas thing nowadays, but i just wanted to know if anyone else was into it. and if you dont know what prerunner trucks are or trophy trucks are, heres a pic of what we do almost everyweek end! expensive sport though, suspension can set you back easily 10,000

flatbiller-glamis-jump-769978.jpg

Yea, I'm into offroad racing.I want to race a MDR or MORE event sometime this year. Also hoping to race a sportsman event at CORR they'll be at my local fairgrounds twice this year.

I hope to be in san Felipe March 7th thru 11 having fun and pitting for #1612.

left side (Medium)_thumb.JPG

my view 2 (Medium)_thumb.JPG

B1K115 (Medium)_thumb.jpg

My father in-law R.j. Flanagan just retired from CORR. Met my wife/his daughter at a race in Crandon,Wi. He won the world championship in a 32 chevy pickup. The year after, he wrecked it bad and they passed a new rule that trucks had to be less than ten years old body style. I guess they didn't like seeing the factory backed rides gettin' smoked by privateers in a "beater".

My father in-law R.j. Flanagan just retired from CORR. Met my wife/his daughter at a race in Crandon,Wi. He won the world championship in a 38ish ford pickup. The year after, he wrecked it bad and they passed a new rule that trucks had to be less than ten years old body style. I guess they didn't like seeing the factory backed rides gettin' smoked by privateers in a "beater".

Whoops I guess I should've read the rules before any thoughts of racing.My truck is a 1987. Do you know if the 10 year rule applys to sportsman?

Prerunner originates from the idea of having a trunk thats built up,but not as built as your race truck. so the idea is you prerun the race course (between 200Mi to 1000mi ) while saving the race vehicle.

Prerunner has become a more generic term that means "I enjoy breaking my truck in the desert".

283vz-race moved to ensenada-i wont be going there.i think i am still going to san felipe to ride my xr and relax for a week.-prerunners-i was checkin out terrible herbst prerunners-same frame-just a truck with a mellowed out engine and a fully equipped cab.i ran into them prerunning once.they had a refrigerated box built into the huge console for drinks.plus a huge gps system that was probably logging maps of shortcuts while they were driving.score came out with rule you must be within 50' of the course.i guess some team honda guys got busted on the 1000 last year.

Yeah sucks ! the race not going to be in San Felipe.I don't think I'm going now

If I do go, I'm just going to tag along in the moterhome. No Toys this trip.

Enjoy San Felipe, it should be a whole lot less crowded.I here people that are still going are cancelling reservations anyway and trying to get cheaper rooms once they get into town,since its not a race weekend anymore.

The top teams with unlimited budgets have super nice prerunners. Herbst race budget is around 2 million a year,were talkin' 4 races. they have sick $ you ever see thier offshore cigarette team.

This is Baldwins

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/4trax_photo/?action=view&current=prerun.flv

Guest Death69

a video that shows some trucks incase some poeple still have no idea what im talkin about. its ok, not many big trucks.

I use to go to glamis alot growing up but now that were you go if you want to get killed. presidents day weekend a kid was riding in the dunes when a sandrail blindisded him commin off a jump. broke all the kids ribs, his neck, and also pierced a lung

yea i have seen it out on lake mead i have a nice deck boat and thier caravan of boats came by me like i was standing still and i was doing 60 to 65

DSC034482028Small29.jpg

DSC034472028Small29.jpg

DSC034512028Small29.jpg

post-1-67397-Trophy_boat.jpg

This will be the last time I bring back this thread.Sorry,I'm a little obsessed with the red team.

From the Driver, not my story:

Ok so here is the story behind the crash.... we started 23rd running strong, caught up to TT 55 passed him clean around race mile 6 or so, but at the water crossing at about RM 12 we went to go around the stuck cars and ended up in the mud real bad, it took about 40 spectators and 30-40 min time to yank the truck out. Once out we were just crusing the rest of the race, going for the finish. We were in class 10 car traffic all day, made it all the way to the beach and we caught the car just before the crash. We went through the wash out in complete dust the course went from single track to double, so we stepped out of the dust to see if we could pass him and by then it was too late, we went off the side at about 60-70 mph smashed into the side of the canyon and rolled about 3-4 times before finally coming to a stop against that pointy rock. We both were awake the whole time then climbed out to saftey. The chassis did exactally what it was supposed to do, keep us safe, as well as my d-cell, I am a solid believer in that device, and will never run with out one again. I look back at the whole race and it was not either of our faults, it was just plain and simple racing, anything and everything could happen at anytime.

P.S. At least we got to enjoy a great ocean sunset.

[ahf.jpg

ahn.jpg

ahd.jpg