HybridZ

didnt mean to offend anyone

Guest alex280z

Guest alex280z

like i said i didnt mean to hurt any feelings. im just a 240sx owner that has researched possible engine setups. i was not trying to force any opinion on anybody. i was just trying to inform that for the same price you could have a killer ka24det, the preferred engine for alot of drag racers. which is what i thought this website was all about helping people find info on the best setup for them and i just wanted to make sure the word was out there when people where thinking of stuffing a sr20det into a z that the ka24det is just as good if not better bargain for the buck. so if i offended anyone again i appoligize i have no personal prefrence either way there both bad ass engines.

my cars

92 240 sx (ka24det)

78 280zx (2.8 turbo)

projects 1982 280zx want to do a 3.1 na motor

1973 opel gt which i am planning swapping a sr20 det into (so im not partial either way)

The first one was sent to the tool shed because it was getting a tad on the personal side and was in the wrong forum. Keep posts of a technical nature and this one will survive if the argument starts up again on what engine is best ... it will go to the shed again.

Thanks

Stony

Good job on smoothing things over Alex.

Facts are the driving force here. Opinions are what they are.

I have a 240SX also. Had a head gasket prob. Had the gasket replaced, head reworked and it went again just a few days later...:shock:

This summer I would like to replace the entire engine. N/A of course. JDM.

Been watching the JDM engines thread. Your thoughts?

See I can ask for an opinion!:D

Guest alex280z

It depends on what your looking for. if you want as much hp for your $$ then i would keep your ka24de. rebuild its internals with a strocker rebuild kit with forged internals. a $2200 dollar price tag is real cheap compared to jdm import engines. port and polished head and cam stage 2. add an exhaust. Then you would have a cheaper race ready engine. especially if you go turbo in the future. but if you have the $5000 for the silvia front clip i would say go for it. just make sure your trust the company. i recently purchased a 95 silvia front clip for $4000. the sr20det auto is going in my opel gt i got the clip pretty cheap with an auto in it. sr20det is a bad ass engine, it just takes alot more money to build a strong race motor.

Guest alex280z

my 240sx makes 280hp to wheels at 15psi garrat t3/t4. stock internals polished head and 370cc injectors. turbo manifold is custom made. 2.5" full exhaust.this is my daily driver and it runs perfect in stop in go trafic.

Best piece of advice I can give you is to read the rules for living a happy and healthy life here on HybridZ.

This is not like any other site on the web. Most can't deal with our rules. Some can. It's real simple. We run a tight ship and this is not free speach. If you can live with the rules, you'll get along well. If not, so be it...

Good luck, and I was the one who deleted the thread outright...

Mike