HybridZ

turbo set up for a 350 what do you all think?

rdsk8ter

is it any good think it will work with a tpi?

I could be made to work with a TPI, but better on a TBI because it's more like a carb. You'll need better injectors, a decent EFI fuel pump, and a good engine management system.

Davy

For a tpi motor you would definately have to change the charge pipe, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem with a mig welder or taking it into an exhaust shop. Plus, eventually you will want to put in an intercooler so the current charge pipe is pretty much useless. I say get it and put the exhaust and turbo on your tpi motor, then mount an intercooler and fab new charge pipes.

Im actually toying with buying this setup for 700 bucks there is no turbo though so its kinda holding me back. I think I might be able to duplicate this for 2-300 bucks it doesnt look that hard. Im going to upgrade the fuel injectors, fuel pump and run megasquirt II. Im thinking about using a 60trim t3/t4 with ball bearings at around 10-12psi. So you all think its a good setup? Also this will enable me to keep the power steering:) , and then I can run one single 3.5 inch exhaust out the back without to much loss. Should i wrap everything with heat sheild wrap? The setup currently has a stock turbo from a newer 6.0 powerstroke that he wants to keep:(

Im actually toying with buying this setup for 700 bucks there is no turbo though so its kinda holding me back.

Slap him for even thinking of charging that price and then do it yourself. $700 for what? Manifolds and tubing that you'll have to cut up anyway? That's crazy!

I think I might be able to duplicate this for 2-300 bucks it doesnt look that hard. Im going to upgrade the fuel injectors, fuel pump and run megasquirt II. Im thinking about using a 60trim t3/t4 with ball bearings at around 10-12psi. So you all think its a good setup?

Sounds like a plan. Turbo will be small for huge power, but it isn't a bad start and hopefully won't be too pricey either.

I can run one single 3.5 inch exhaust out the back without to much loss. Should i wrap everything with heat sheild wrap? The setup currently has a stock turbo from a newer 6.0 powerstroke that he wants to keep:(

Single 3" or 3.5" will be fine. I have a 3" system all set to go. Don't wrap everything inn heat shield wrap. If you want, use heat shielding on the chassis & a heat shield on the turbo. Let him keep the diesel turbo--stay away from the diesel turbos from what I hear talking to turbo guys.

Davy