HybridZ

Is this the real deal? Need an R200 LSD expert.

gvincent

I searched for a picture of a R200 LSD to try and match this picture up but all showed the inside only or the links were dead.

The Ebay add says it's a LSD from an 86 turbo, I thought through my searching that they were only available on the April 1987-1989 turbo models only making this one too early. I also thought they were all finned rear covers.

They give the following description:

Factory Original R200 Limited Slip Differential Assembly, Part # 38311-P9000

Vehicle Part Was Removed From:

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo, 131K miles, turbocharged VG30T 3.0L SOHC V6, 5-speed, LSD

May Fit Z31 300 ZX Turbo, GL, GLL, 50th Anniversary Edition (AE), Special Edition (SS, Shiro Special), 2 Seater & 2+2 from 1984 84 1985 85 1986 86 1987 87 1988 88 1989 89

Please note, these years & models refer to the years that they used a specific body style or shared common parts, but doesn’t necessarily mean it will work on every year or model noted. These are pictures of the actual part(s) you are bidding on, & above is an exact description of the vehicle the part came from, but it is the buyers responsibility to research what came on what years & models to make sure it will fit your specific vehicle. We are not responsible if the part does not fit, so please research it before you bid if there is a question of fitment. We will do our best to answer questions on this, but even though we live & breathe cars, we are not an encyclopedia on every part in existence. We don’t just specialize in one make of vehicle, we try to cover a very wide array of rare import & domestic vehicle parts, which makes it difficult to be an expert on all of them.

What do you guys think it might be real by some slim chance

bed7_1_b.JPG_thumb.jpg

I have one in my 240 V-8, it came out of an 88 300zx SE w/ an automatic, and it had a finned cover. I would be careful, I thought all the LSD's had finned covers and were only avail in the 88 turbo SE automatic cars. I searched high and low for mine and saw lots of donors.

Only way to tell 100% is to drop off the rear cover. I say this as I had a LSD from long nose from ?? a JDM 300zx I believe that had a non finned cover looked like the one in the pic and was a LSD. So as stated only way to be 100% sure is to drop the back cover.

I have one in my 240 V-8, it came out of an 88 300zx SE w/ an automatic, and it had a finned cover. I would be careful, I thought all the LSD's had finned covers and were only avail in the 88 turbo SE automatic cars. I searched high and low for mine and saw lots of donors.

Nope, I think it's something like 7/87-89 Turbo 300ZX's got them. I'm not sure of the month on the 87's but you can search and find that info. Anyway the 86 will not be LSD.

Also 88 SS had a different viscous LSD. There is a lot of information about LSDs in the FAQ I put together. I think that all the pertinent stuff is covered.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116207

Thanks to all who responded, Yeah I emailed the seller questions and he has not responded, and he still has 0 bids so I will pass on this one.

Yeah John, I had done a search and that was where I came up with the April 87 through 89 turbo only That is an excellent FAQ by the way, I have read it through about 3 times now hoping it will sink in permanently (:-))

Thanks again guys!

Greg

• 2 months later...

so it comes in 87 and up eh...i saw one last week on a turbo z31 but didnt pay too much attention. are they suppose to be long nose? the one i saw i thought was a long nose. its a 87 for sure, turbo...ill go back for it this weekend and check it out. the flange, do i just pop in my stub axles???

Yeah, check the stickie that John put together here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103512

and here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114798

I think it is 87 model year after July although some say March??, I would go with July to be sure

I've seen one 87 Turbo and one 86 Turbo with the finned aluminum rear inspection cover. Both were open, not LSD, units. The 87 had a Washington state assigned vin. The finned cover is a good indicator, but always inspect or use a field test such as pinning the drive shaft and turning a wheel.

g