HybridZ

a little vid

Just a little 0-80mph vid of my Z in Allentown. I have ford 437cc injectors, MSII almost dialed in, and a big front mount. Did all the work myself, and this is after drivng across country in it (30mpg highway!!!)

I'm running 7psi right now. I want to keep boost low until tuning is absolutely perfect.

The air temp at this time was 35 degrees F. Tires were not warmed, so no traction in first. I'm still impressed with it considering the stock-type boost.

I just uploaded so it might be a few hours till it can be seen.

very nice, congrats on the progress :icon14:, i'm probably gonna have to borrow those MS files when u clean em up and get a solid tune btw:biggrin: since i am going to be running stock boost with 437cc green top ford injectors as well for the time being

Shoot, gimme a few mins and I'll fire up the ol' dell (MS only CPU now, slow-azz Pentium 2 with 90mb ram) since I keep it inside (it's 20deg right now, dropping , and it's so windy trash cans are blowing up the street)

437cc green top ford (actually they are BLUE but they've faded to green over the years :P )

That 0-60 was really quick! I am going to be setting up MSII and ford greentops also. CantZme, you can have the green top injector pintles converted so they drop right into the Z manifold with no mods. I just had mine done by Motorman Injectors.

Woah I think your trash can just blew by my window! It's about 22 degrees, dropping like a rock, and 40-50mph gusts here too.

Actually was 0-80, I planned 0-60 but the cold air really let that car git!

(I'm gonna do an improntu 1/4 mile run tomorrow, hopefully the cops don't catch on) :) That 1/2 mile long road has an interesting landmark..the "Mobil" sign next to the office (I don't know if the sign is still there) is EXACTLY a quarter mile from the end of the road (at least what used to be the end of the road, there's a shipping terminal there now that goes out to American parkway east that used to be railroad tracks from the defunct allentown trolley system which was shut down in the 40's or 50's)

Here's the links to the MS maps

warmupwizard.jpg

accelerationwizard.jpg

sparkadvancetable.jpg

VEtable1.jpg

sorry about the blur...My hands are super unsteady and I have to ZOOM.

As you can see I haven't tuned for higher than 7 psi yet...it goes pig rich to protect my motor.

As for the pintles you don't need to convert them, just trim the lower part of the plastic spacer things below where the Oring seats, and they drop right in. I just drilled my manifold so I didn't have to mod the injectors.

The Nissan inner and outer O-rings fit perfectly on these (actually the inners are a mite tight but they seal fine...make sure to lube them well so u don't rip them on install!)

I think I can lean it out a mite more and work on accel enrichment, I think I should be able to get at least 1 second of wheelspin in 2nd gear at 7psi once it's perfect (I have 4.11 gears and 225/50R16 tires that were cheap but surprisingly grippy....if you've seen my drivin on ice vids you'll agree!)

These off brand tires (I think they're Kuhmo but I'm not sure) grip really great, a set of period BFG radial T/a's would be smoking into 3rd right now!

That WAS with camera on chair....I have shaky hands and MUST invest in a tripod one of these days.

I do have a wideband, an LC-1 and gauge from speedhut. the gauge isn't the most accuate in the world but it does show actual AFR's with an analog readout (can vary by as much as .5 one way or the other compared to MS)

I do have to recal it soon, you're supposed to every 3000 miles and I have put about 4000 on it (cross-country trip) since I installed it.

And we're living here in Allentown, where they're closing all the factories down...out in Bethlehem they're killing time, filling out forms, standing in line..

And our fathers fought the second world war...

Spent thier weekends on the Jersey Shore...

and the mothers with the USO, asked them to dance, dance with us slow...

and we're waiting here in Allentown,

for the pennsylvania we never found.....

I forgot the rest...but that's the city.

County seat of Lehigh County, nestled in the center of the Lehigh Valley,

Population of city about 110,000 and metro of about 700,000 (PA is really, really weird with zoning...so each borough, township, city, and village is counted separate)

total square mileage about 18...

avg. pop density about 7,000 per sq. mi.

Notable as the place where the liberty bell was hidden during the revolutionary war when those brits took Philly,

and the hometown of such people as Andre Reid and Lee Iacocca.

here's the #'s for 500 and 900rpm (it's richer at 500 cuz that give the motor it's stump pulling torque, I can pull from 10mph in fifth without any trouble)

kpa------500rpm--|--900rpm

180-------95--------95

165--------94---------92

149--------93--------92

125--------93---------91

101---------91--------85

75---------82---------77

50----------60---------60

29----------51----------51

anything above that kpa is super rich, I haven't turned boost up yet.

Yes but it's only cold in the winter! It's mild in spring and fall and hot in summer. I was stationed in San Diego when not deployed but I actually moved back here on my own accord. (Z made a great cross-country GT car.. it's still a reliable old datsun through and through)...ironically I know people with 5 year old cars that wouldn't dream of going across country in them, and I just did in a 29-year old datsun. (and a 12yr old infiniti)

The only problem on the whole trip was when I got stuck on the interstate (literally 45 miles from home, stuck in a travel lane with about 50-miles worth of other cars) overnight, and it fouled #5 plug from idling for 14 straight hours.

So is allentown, although people not from allentown (like realitors) try to say we have some sort of crime problem and it's not safe.

It's just like any city, there are unsafe places but overall is nice place to live.

I guess I'm not REALLY from allentown either (grew up near the now nonexistent Bethlehem Steel) but close enough.

I can't get the pic any better than that for VE but I'll give you the 500 rpm graph numbers and you can extrapolate from there...sorry!

If you hit the Prnt Scrn button you can paste the screen shot into MS Paint and save it then upload it or attach it to the message here.

Sounds and looks good, my dad just installed a 6 puck sprung clutch in my ZXT since the stock replacement one can't hold it anymore. Can't wait till its broken in! (Though I feel bad because I was too far away to help him)

Mario

I'm probably gonna run into you guys' woes soon....it's still a 225mm centerforce stage II clutch I installed 3 years ago with the N/A motor on a fidanza flywheel! It lookd like NEW even after year's worth of daily driving and dragstrip passes...so I reused it. (one thing that a proper break in is absolutely IMPERATIVE is the clutch.....break them in wrong, change out before long)

It's not slipping...yet!

I don't think I'll be bolting slicks up to it anytime soon.....