HybridZ

Looking at a college outside of the USA...M.E./Motorsports engineering in the UK

OlderThanMe

Some foreign countries have state paid for tuition, which is basically free. I should have studied in Germany for two years or so when I had the chance, although English is easier for me to understand :mrgreen:

I say go for it. Living abroad makes one's mind open up. It would be cool IMO, but just don't kill anyone driving on the wrong side of the street ;)

Davy

Interesting..... Know of any schools like that in the USA?

Besides Nascar.........

University of Northwestern Ohio-UNO does high performance engineering, and the diffrence between it in wyotech is that fact that its acredited, meaning you can goto another tech school and they will recognize the credits, nascar and wyotech are not acredited.

Mabye you can get HS30-H involved in the smackdown while you're over there! Hey Dan, that school looks like a good opportunity. I did a study abroad in Paris for a month, and I'm so glad I did. You meet all kinds of interesting poeple (like smokin hot girls from Tunisia....what was I talking about again?) and get to see so many exciting things, it's really a life changing experience. On a related to school note, I just put my application in for www.fiea.ucf.edu, the video game design masters program in Orlando that I had the portfolio thread going about. If you do go, make SURE you have a Cornish Pasty (man those are good), and you might want to avoid the blood pudding...on second thought, have some! It's so much better if you can try to immerse yourself in the culture and be a part of the place you are visiting. So many people travel just to say "I saw that" or "I was there", but they don't really gain anything worth having unless they open up to their surroundings. I suppose that's the difference between a Tourist, and a Traveler. I'm not sure that I made as much sense with that as I'd hoped, but I think you probably get the idea.

I really would look into UNC charlotte. There is alot of money there for motorsports work. Also a hot spot for NASCAR teams.... and while you may not be a fan of nascar (im not) it would be ALOT of fun to work on a team and be a part of the design of the cars, there is also BIG money in it.

You would also enjoy the Charlotte area more then likely, alot of car shows/events, a relatively active Z club (not nearly as active as triangle though), and lots of race shops.

PLus it rains all the time in England....

-Austin

Yea here at UNCC there are students from all over the country that come just for the motorsports program. I personally know students from New York, Alaska, Hawaii, and California that came here for the program. It also isn't to expensive, I beleive its 14k a year for out of state students.

Heres a link: http://www.mees.uncc.edu/motorsprt/programs.htm