HybridZ

Trick hydraulic clutch setup

Very cool. I was actually diggin thro my bellhousings, (only 3) to see if i had a hydro clutch one, and when i didnt find it i thought "crap, theres another $50-$100 on a bellhousing. I will definently go this route, altho i am real curious about the clearence. There does look to be alot of extra metal i could grind on on that bracket

uhh.. i just looked at the site, and found this.

Its rigid steel bracket installs easily using two of the bellhousing-to-block bolts on the passenger side of the engine. Nearly all aluminum Chevrolet bellhousings and most aftermarket versions are compatible

Am i a complete idiot, or is that the driver side?

Why not just a hydraulic throwout bearing? No clearance problems, easy installation, relatively inexpensive.

I think price of say, a Tilton unit, makes my head spin. If this think fits in the tranny tunnel, the price doesn't look too bad...

Davy

Why not just a hydraulic throwout bearing? No clearance problems, easy installation, relatively inexpensive.

You ever try to adjust one of those? Taking the transmission out three times in one afternoon to adjust free play isn't my cup of tea. Besides, you could make that bracket yourself and adapt a common or universal slave cylinder, it would be much cheaper.

kit_hcr3.jpg

The bracket in this photo looks like it tucks the cylinder pretty close to the bellhousing. It might be proportioned for a shorter clutch throwout lever. Good thing about a shorter arm is it requires less stroke from the slave and you can use a smaller diameter master which equals less pedal effort.