HybridZ

Nissan Datascan on RB25DET?

240Z_Master

I can't be sure about series 1(I have a series 2), but if what I got can help...

Rx: br./yel. pin21 ECU(or 71, not sure the writing is faded on the tag.)

Tx: yel. pin22 ECU

Clk: yel./red pin31 ECU

Chk: yel./black pin47 ECU

Ign: switched power from wherever you want.

(-): Body.

I can't be sure about series 1(I have a series 2), but if what I got can help...

Rx: br./yel. pin21 ECU(or 71, not sure the writing is faded on the tag.)

Tx: yel. pin22 ECU

Clk: yel./red pin31 ECU

Chk: yel./black pin47 ECU

Ign: switched power from wherever you want.

(-): Body.

I have a series 1, but I'm going to recheck those. I pulled up my manuals and am looking at the diagrams... I'll be able to plug into this next week. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

What goes in the CHK?

If by that you mean, what from the consult goes in Chk, I'll have to say "I don't know", cause I've never seen a consult in real.

If what you say is that the consult wire has only 5 wires, then probably that Chk, means check and is probably used to jump with the Pwr to extract the codes manually trough the Check engine light.

Okay.... I think I'm going to have to work on the car a little bit right now since American Idol is on and I ... well let's just say I'm not watching it.

haha, my side was splitting when I read that in my email.

Then i came in this thread and discovered I read it wrong.

phew.

• Administrators

I purchased the BlaZt NISSAN Data scan/ConZult from Jerry, a member here with a RB20 240 Z, and he is a dealer for BlaZt. I bought it for my Z-32. Jerry promptly replied to all of my questions in getting the full version of the Data scan up and running and, though I haven’t used the Data scan yet, it looks to be quite powerful useful for seeing where the engine is at in regards to its OE tune, which for some, will immediately be able to see where some advance tuning could unleash more performance.

Right now I hope to have the full version of ConZult up and running today as I have some climate control diagnosing to do.

A major thanks goes out to Jerry for his help. bgiorno.gif

Anyone else using the Data Scan and ConZult on the Nissan vehicles?

Hey guys...I represent blaZt....if you have any question let me know and I will try to help...and yes it does work on a RB25DET. No problem!

For those interested in a unit Im sure I can work out a forum price.

Jerry

I cant argue the strength of a stand alone. NDS is not so much a tuning tool but a diagnostic tool. In fact it wont work with stand alones because the data flows from different addresses. Rechiped ECUs will work....stand alone will not. But if gives alot of information on parameters that can be logged and compared against each other in order to assist in trouble shooting and directing your tuning resources. One thing I like is it will give you performance info like 0-60....this beats any seat of the pant wow thats faster feelings!