HybridZ

Speakers in Front of S130

m1ghtymaxXx

thanks for the offer but i think i'll pass.

Today was my first time driving the z since it went into hibernation, and a guy pulled my over to tell me he had a 82 turbo parts car. The third time someone someone has done that now.

I just got my amp today. If i raise my seat up with a washer or 2, it should just barely fit under there. Kinda nervous about driling through though. I'lll put factory sized speaker in the rear locations, and under the dash, then maybe later on some tweats mounted on the headliner or something.

Alright, i got another problem. How the hell do you get at the rear speakers. I figured the grilles would just pop off, but i pried at them pretty damn hard, and they didn't budge. Please don't tell me that whole interior panel has to come off.

The screws go through the grills....

from behind then? so i do have to take out that whole interior panel. That would bring me to my next question. In the door jamb, there's 2 plastic retainers, with smooth tops. I tried breifly to pry them out also, and they didn't move either. How would you go about removing those?

In my 83 280zx theres 4 screws that hold the rear speaker grilles on that you have to remove and then the grill pops off. I'm not sure if you have a 2+2 or not, I can get more pictures lol, but not till tomorrow when i can borrow the camera.

it is actually really easy to put the front speakers in under the dash....there are only like 8 bolts/screws that hold on the dash so comes out really easy...i have done it a couple of times...this way you wont have to cut into anything or try to put the speakers in a different location...pm me if you have any questions

Yeah I still got rear speakers to do too, but I think that's after shocks/struts/steering wheel/Muffler lol OH and I need a job too haha

lol, i'm in the same boat. I am enjoying unemployement, but i'll be at work full time when school's done in 3 weeks