HybridZ

ld28 intake manifold/plenum

Guest TeamNissan

Guest TeamNissan

Anyone ever try running the ld28 intake mani on a n/a or t l28? The runners look much longer and I'd think that would give you better low end tq. I think it look its looks better then the n42 as well but thats just me. I'm not planning on using it, maybe trying it in the future for shits and giggles to give a formal comp. I kind of just want to hear what you all think.

Three problems come to mind. Possible hood clearance issues and NO injector bungs. The first may require lowering the engine slightly and the second a trip to the machine shop. Third, you'll also need to weld on a plate for the throttle body unless it's mounted remotely. Lots of if's that will need closer examination. The diesel intake has the longer runners and they are larger diameter than the stock L28 runners too. I might try this on my LD28 stroker I'm going to build. It's on my long "to do" list.

Guest TeamNissan

Thats what I like about it though. The longer runners will make better tq down low and the plenum being so many more cc's with a nice big throttle body the response should be improved as well.

1 fast z do you think those injectors mite be a little too far away? Maybe loose atomization efficiency?

Yea the runners are 35mm Id, compared to the stock EFI stuff which is 30mm ID. I havent run it yet, I actually built it for a customer, who wants a engine to look "stock somewhat" to the Emissions Nazi's, and didnt want a custom sheet metal intake.

Okay, blatant display of my ignorance, but if I don't ask I won't learn...

That huge intake pictured, is that (more or less) what the stock LD28 intake looked like? Obviously, the fuel injector bungs were not there, but you just welded the bungs onto the existing manifold, which bolts onto that ENORMOUS plenum?

If so, I want one of these. first. before I buy any other hardware, I have found my intake manifold.

Thanks.

Okay, blatant display of my ignorance, but if I don't ask I won't learn...

That huge intake pictured, is that (more or less) what the stock LD28 intake looked like? Obviously, the fuel injector bungs were not there, but you just welded the bungs onto the existing manifold, which bolts onto that ENORMOUS plenum?

If so, I want one of these. first. before I buy any other hardware, I have found my intake manifold.

Thanks.

You also need to weld on an adapter for the throttle body of choice, and do all the linkage stuff. The diesel engines had no throttle body and no injectors IIRC.

Mario

Guest TeamNissan

Ya its by means a easy thing to do but given the added runner ID, added cc's, longer runner length I'm betting it would be a nice improvement. I actualy have one laying around maybe I'll see what I can do.