HybridZ

Road Trip!

WickedWild

Ok I’m taking the lady to Vegas next week and we are driving from Northern Indiana. My questions are as follows….

#1 Where is a good place to check out the Grand Canyon?

#2 Any suggestions for things to check out along I44, I40, I80 would be greatly appreciated.

#3 Neither one of us have ever seen the Pacific Ocean or California, and were not far from it after Vegas. Where is a great spot to take in the Pacific/Cali in the Sothern part of the state? We are planning on taking I15 out of Vegas, and spending Thursday night on the coast.

I know there are a lot of members in the Sothern Cali area and along our route, so any tit bits of info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!

I took a road trip this last Christmas and got to find out that the highway running from Vegas to I40 goes accross Hoover. I could have walked faster than the traffic :(

Didn't have time to take a tour though, then again I've got a larger, but less graceful dam in my back yard, Shasta.

I am partial to Monterey/Carmel on the central coast. My wife and I lived there for 5 years in the late 80's, had a beautiful blue 260z and no kids at the time. It was glorious. Highway 1 between Monterey and Big Sur is where many a car/motorcycle commercial have been filmed. One of the most beautiful places on earth.

We now live on the edge of the central vallye, hotter than hell, and more kids than would fit in a 2+2. Oh well.

My .02 woth.

--Mark

More importantly - will you be taking the Z?

No I'm on jackstands, I'm takeing my corolla. But I'm wired up Lap top, mp3 player, and Sirius throught the deck. Two 12"s, 800w amp, 1000w/2000w power inverter (to keep the laptop charged). And a spare alternator lol. I have the oversized inverter to run power tools out of my Jeep.

wyoming and colorado are the same as kansas, oklahoma ect on the east side of the rockies, the west side is unbelievable. they just opened the sky bridge on the north rim. thats the side that no one goes to. the south rim has all of the tourist spots and the north is deserted. the sky bridge is a 100' long u shaped glass bridge that goes out over the edge of the canyon wall 4000' above the ground. cool. if you are going through santa fe new mexico, pm me and i will give you a hit list of the great resturants in town. lived there for too long.

there is a lot to see along the way.

jimbo

wyoming and colorado are the same as kansas, oklahoma ect on the east side of the rockies, the west side is unbelievable. they just opened the sky bridge on the north rim. thats the side that no one goes to. the south rim has all of the tourist spots and the north is deserted. the sky bridge is a 100' long u shaped glass bridge that goes out over the edge of the canyon wall 4000' above the ground. cool. if you are going through santa fe new mexico, pm me and i will give you a hit list of the great resturants in town. lived there for too long.

there is a lot to see along the way.

jimbo

I'm going through Albuquerque (south of Santa Fe) any tips for Albuquerque?

I've herd about the skywalk, starting to look like grand canyon west is the way to go.