HybridZ

MS-II It runs!!!

Z_Dust

Finally got my 77 280z w/83 280zxt swap,(MS-II, direct coil control using zxt dizzy) on the road I took it for a spin around the block and I am very pleased with how its coming out. man, it sounds so good. 2.5in DP and exhaust all the way back, everything else is stock.

Thanks to all who have helped me along the way. most of what I know about my Z and MS-II I learned here and at zcar.com. So guys pat yourself on the back too, cause in some way, shape or form you all had something to do with my little project.

I am trying to post with a link to a short exhaust video but am not shure how. I was able to post a link to the video at zcar under the same login if you want to check it out. Eventually I will post my .msq file for all to see/use

Hey cygnusx1 thanks for posting the video.

Yeah man it a great feeling. Its been a long time coming. I will post my file after the rugrats go to bed tonight. It should get you a decent starting point idle. Just remember mine is bone stock, except for MS and DP ofcourse, oh and the 240 sx tranny.

Hey congrats Z_Dust. I just saw the video and I'm a little jealous right now.

Still have a bunch of fuel plumbing to do but at least my turbo motor is in the car now. My setup should be very similar so if you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of you settings I'd appreciated it.

At idle is pretty quiet, kind of a low rumble that really gets peoples attention. I have not gone WOT yet but I can tell you that my friend's zxt with factory downpipe and straight exhaust all the way back souds pretty damn good at WOT. Its hard to describe but once it opens up it screams and you can clearly hear the turbo. I heard it as he was passing me, back when my z was NA. I'll try to post more videos soon.

I pulled my muffler off the other day to see how it would sound and decided to go with the open pipe after all. It kinda idles like a v8 with a little turbo spool audible, but definitely gets noticed at WOT. It's the first time I've uploaded a video from my phone, so I hope it works(let me know if it doesn't)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEzo2WT8IZA