HybridZ

Bought a SR20DET for my 73 Z!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weve run cars with 3.70, 3.90, 4.11, and 4.38

The favorite from street driven customers has been the 4.11 and for racing was the 4.38.

The least favorite and ever used is the 3.70. The 3.90 was ok but just did not rev out quick enough for a customers liking.

Not sure if he still has it, but a guy I know on here (met him on here, now we go to junkyards together) bought a LSD 4.38 R200. He was trying to sell it, not sure if he ever did. I'm not sure if he ever even posted about it here so I'll PM you his name/email if you PM me.

Maybe I should give him a call tomorrow... wish I had the money to take it off his hands.

I was looking at the different Apexi Headgaskets. I've heard good things about them. I think I'm going to go with the 1.1mm but should i go with a 88mm bore or 87mm bore? Its a stock s14 sr20det. Whats the advantage or disadvantage? And do i need to get the head decked if I'm just replacing the headgasket? I figured while the motor is out might as well get it done. Does anyone know of a good place to buy water pumps and oil pumps for sr20? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've got the S15 with a 6 speed going in. So, wouldn't that be even better with the 4:11? I'd think so because of the 6th speed. But someone on here told me that the 6th wasn't really an overdrive, but it was that the gears were closer together. So, on the flipside, does that mean I'd rather have a shorter gear on the back?

On a separate topic, can we get some pics of your car SR240Z? It's badass.

Ahh... so he HAD been advertising it on the boards.

I talked to him last night, it's still for sale.

I just sent him a PM. If you know him, would you find out if it's an LSD? Will it have the same housing as a regular R200? Does that mean that I could just 'put it in', cause I'm using the Arizona Z Car moustache bar and diff mount. Curious. Thanks for your help. I'm really curious. Know a price?

Expensive :D

As far as I know it's one of the rarest R200 diffs to come by. And YES it IS LSD, I know that for a fact. That's why he got it to begin with.

He's been talking about keeping it, but who knows. if anyone gets a good enough price they're part with nearly anything. You have to ask him though as what price he was looking to get.

EDIT: Oh yea, and it would drop in just as easily as any R200, as it uses the standard case. Though I'm not sure what shafts you need. Probably 300ZX shafts. I don't know though.