HybridZ

70's Skyline tailights

Pwbull09

it was pretty much just make moulds out of silicon and then poor in the plastic, which i think they were getting from hobby/craft shops. i think i came across it at hidplanet, not to sure, you could always try googleing gravitational moulding or something?

if i come across it i'll post it up, i've come across it twice so far lol

• 2 months later...

Whats so bad about the stock tail-lights? Ya, the skyline ones are cool, but they only look good on the skylines... If you stick them on your Z its gunna look fake. I mean.... It means its a wanna-be. If I were u guys, stick with the stocks and get that one guy to custom LED the whole thing, then it will look bad-ass. =)

Whats so bad about the stock tail-lights? Ya, the skyline ones are cool, but they only look good on the skylines... If you stick them on your Z its gunna look fake. I mean.... It means its a wanna-be. If I were u guys, stick with the stocks and get that one guy to custom LED the whole thing, then it will look bad-ass. =)

Nothing bad about the stock tail lights but...

That skyline and the S30 have so many of the same styling cues I'd call it "hybrid" before I called it "fake". If I stick an RB26 in an S30 is it a wanna be GT-R? That's up for debate but obviously the cars are all related and we all have our own renditions of what we imagine we would have designed the cars to be had we been nissan datsun designers back in the 60s and 70s :icon6:

I have to say I agree with SkyBlue here, I infinitely prefer the euro 240 tail lights to any others on the S30.. with euro 280 being a second. Stock is almost as good. However, I understand the desire for hybridization....

I think that there may be something of an "anti-Corvette" sub-type of Z owner (maybe something of an "Anti-Porsche" sub-type as well, but that is tangential to this topic) and that for those of us who see our Zs as better versions of those cars, the concept of the roundish tail lights is right out.. At the very least, there is a part of ME that is this "anti-vette" guy who thinks just that: the round tail lights look too much like a corvette and not enough like a Z.

Just trying to explain the anti-hybrid sentiment shown in this facet... OEM tail lights all the way. :mrgreen:

Easy fellas. No one said there was anything wrong with the Euros or stockers. What I was referring to is that it is getting harder and harder to stand out these days. With the relative ease of finding once rare parts many cars are looking very similiar. As little as 10 years ago, if you had a set of Euro taillights everyone was really impressed. Now they are being reproduced by vendors so it's not quite so rare anymore. In all honesty these are just spares I have from one of my Skylines. Until I saw that pic of the white S30, posted here in this thread, it had not occured to me to suggest installing them in a Z. But I was really impressed with how well they seemed to compliment the lines of the S30. So perhaps someone else might think so as well. That is the thought process behind the ad.

Brian