HybridZ

Subaru Power Rack Outer Tie Rod Ends MOOG

I think you might be able to use the uncut Subaru inner tie rods ends if you use CarQuest part #ES2467R for the outer tie rod ends.

In this photograph the stock Subaru outer tie rod end is at the top of the photo; the bottom photo shows the CarQuest part with a machined fitting. Ignore the fitting, that is a workaround part for my Subaru swap, and note how short the CarQuest part is. The CarQuest taper is very close, if not identical, to the S30 steering arm.

showphoto.php?photo=14469&size=big&cat=500

Here you will see three parts. Again the Subaru tie rod on the top; my machined fitting in the center; and the CarQuest Part threaded onto an unaltered Subaru inner tie rod. The threads are the same.

showphoto.php?photo=14468&cat=500

Now, does anyone have any information on the fluid line hookup from a late GenIII Chevrolet power steering pump to the Subaru rack?

g

In this picture you can see how I used the original stock O-ring fittings and addapted them to AN fittings by cuting and flairing the original tubes.

the GM and Subaru fittings are the same style, and in my case the small GM fitting fit in the large Subaru hole. I still want to find a better way to do this, you would think there would be an O-ring to AN adapter fitting, but I havn't been able to find one, maybe someone here will, I'll stay tuned.

217121864.jpg

• 3 months later...

Zgeezer,

Have you actually used those outer ends?

Are they the same for both sides?

You said the taper is not the same as the S30, are they different enough to require machine work?

I'm getting ready to start ordering parts to install a Forrester rack, if these ends will work without requiring machining it will make the swap much easier.

I found a place I can get them for ~$18.00 each. :)

Wheelman

Have you actually used those outer ends?

Are they the same for both sides?

You said the taper is not the same as the S30, are they different enough to require machine work?

If you can figure out the taper you might find the appropriate ream and just ream out the steer knuckles.