HybridZ

Shopping for fiberglass doors

stony

Yea fg skins would not reduce weight enough to bother,if at all.I do know of a japanese supplier of fiberglass doors as well as everything else,super top quality!!,but you pay for it.I think the doors were around $1300-1400 each plus shipping!!

There you go Stony. Get ready to pay the big bucks :P!! Theres also the company Seibon. Dont know if you ever heard of it, but they take top quality carbon fiber doors, hatches, etc. I called one time to ask them whats there policy on custom carbon fiber parts. They said it had to be a minimum of ten pieces for them to make the mold or something. Would be a great idea for a group buy if people are willing to dish out the cash. Remember its carbon fiber though. Weight reduction on cars is just like Jenny Craig, but its more expensive.

The 240 doors are 22 lbs less than the 280 doors, but use a different latching mechanism. Taking the glass and regulator out saves a lot of weight on the early doors. Here is a thread on doors and weights:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=105722

Thats some good facts. I hope that both my doors are 240 doors then >.<. Changed out the passenger door about a year ago and don't know if it was a 280 door I put on. Hopefully not. Thats with Door panels and everything right? Gotta get back to skool and find parking. Ill check this post out later.

Thats some good facts. I hope that both my doors are 240 doors then >.<. Changed out the passenger door about a year ago and don't know if it was a 280 door I put on. Hopefully not. Thats with Door panels and everything right? Gotta get back to skool and find parking. Ill check this post out later.

The doors don't swap out without major mods. If you have a 240 you put 240 doors on it, if you have a 280 you put 280 doors on it.

The doors don't swap out without major mods. If you have a 240 you put 240 doors on it, if you have a 280 you put 280 doors on it.

Phew thanks for clarifying that.

I gotta say those guys dont mess around. Fiberglass everything!. Is it me or their ZG flares seem alot bigger than the Classic or MSA ZG flares?

rwide_of_photo0001.jpg

I like the idea of door skins. I want to keep my original doors intact. I could get a spare set of doors and deskin and cut out all the internal stuff not needed, just keep minimal bracing stuff to keep the door rigid. It wont be as lite as a set of frp doors but they sure as hell would be lighter then the stock doors.

You want fiberglass doors? I know I can beat the 1200 + shipping costs. I can probably do it with five interested parties, if you can all agree how you want them done. email me to discuss details.

Those doors are so expensive because they need virtually no prep work. If i remember correctly they are gell coated and basically just need scuffed and painted. all mounting points have reinforced stuff built in. very hi quaility. but at 1200 ea... im not interested in being that lite in the pockets. I will do something myself.

man, i took my doors appart to look into cutting out the door support (only because im putting a 6 point cage in) and its this huge piece of metal welded to the door. you would have to cut out part of the inside of the door to get to it. i just said screw it and will worry about doing something about it later.