HybridZ

buy or no buy?

Okay, i have lent my mother some money until the end of next month when her husband should be getting a nice inheiritance, and she said she would pay me back with gobs and gobs of interest, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000%.....yeah....BIG inheiritance... now, to the point.

There is a 74 240z with a 350sbc crate motor, bored .030 over, turbo 350 tranny. runs nice. only real problems is that the tranny is kind of sluggish, don't really care. I have gotten used to a manual transmission, and i LIKE it, so i want to put in a different tranny anyway. Also, the speedo/tach doesn't work. no biggy, i can gladly get all that hooked up. also, there is rust under the fender wells...the usuall, and he said that is the only rust spots. i haven't got a chance to look at it up close, but he is a trustworthy guy and i plan on looking at it soon. he only wants $3000 for it, basically he just wants what he owes the bank because he has lost interest in the project and he plans on moving pretty soon. so, is it worth it?

thanks for the info

-Typhoone

Pictures speak 1000 words. You need to check the floors, engine bay, spare tire well, hatch area to check for rust. You do not want to buy a rusty Z and if there is rust you can see.......that means there is hidden rust somewhere else. Just take your time looking the car over and report what you see....everyone here would be glad to help.

Clive

If he wants 3K for it, its probably worth 1K. After you check it out and if the cancer isn't too bad, and it runs decent, I'd offer him $1500. These cars have a special following, they're not the easiest thing to sell...I'd bet he'll take it.

I agree, many people will tell you there is no rust, but they don't tell you that there is a ton of repairs under the paint. If this is going to be your Z car to be proud of and invest money you will not get back, make sure you have a very solid car to strart. $3,000 will get you the car and all the motor you need.

Installing a 350 is easy, he has not even done the hard part, getting the electric to work...

If its a very soild car, good paint and clean lines, a fresh motor..

I would pay the $3,000.

You can fly to Arazoina, rent a car and trailer and bring home a rust free Z for less than $2,000.

that is a hard guy to get ahold of, and even harder to get him when he has free time to go look at the car.

img034.jpg

img033.jpg

img032.jpg

img031.jpg

img030.jpg

img029.jpg

img028.jpg

img027.jpg

those are some nice rust spots, made me sad when i saw them. How much extra would it cost when i take it to get a paint job. i plan on getting a nice paint, so i am already expecting to pay a decent amount but around how much extra to fix those craters?

so, is it worth $3000??? or should i just grab acleaner 240, get a 350/lsx/etc, get some mounts, and do it myself?? i have a lot of respect for the HybridZ community, so i will go with whatever you guys say.

thanks in advance

-Typhoone

I've got a buddy with bone stock, clean, rust free 71 240 in SoCal that he'll take $3000 for. I've also got a spare SBC motor, which is no punk, a T-5 trans, and pretty much everything you need make it work. If you're interested, hit me up.

well, I guess my search continues. lol. just wondering, the jtr mounts, will they work for an Ls1/2 or no? I believe in go big or go home, so will I be able to use those or just make my own?

on another note, I can't remember who but someone on here had a BEAUTIFUL silver car with a swap already done, and asking $8,000. can someone tell me who that was and if it is still for sale?