HybridZ

CC inserts, gotta be a joke.

Forces

"The following test was performed to demonstrate the ability of the inserts to increase H.P. and Torque. Note that the increase was not only at the lower RPM's but also in the midrange, which in a street application is the range at which most driving is done. Many performance mufflers will increase low range power through the addition of desirable back pressure, yet lose power in the midrange as the back pressure increases as a means of controlling sound."

Take a look at the 383 cu chevy test numbers here.

http://www.engineceramics.com/hardpart/ccinserts.htm

What happens after 4000 RPM? What are the modifications to the 383? What size exhaust are they using in their test? How many bens and how extreme of an angle are those bends?.....I think we're looking at the work of a not-so-clever marketing spin-doctor.

How might one claim that you can increase torque AND HP by adding "discs" into your exhaust? I ordered a pair to help quiet my car down, but after looking at them (not installing them), it seems that they would be REALLY restrictive. They had a solitary review from some guy, who was likely an employee of Car Chemistry, that said they made his car louder and liked the product. No mention of any power gains/ losses in the review anywhere. I know people have mentioned using this product on this sight, but I would like to hear from those of you have have used them. It just seems like a bunch of BS to me.

Look at it this way. Suppose you restrict your exhaust pipe alot, OK how about, totally restrict the exhaust pipe, the system will begin to pressurize. Since you have blocked the exhaust, the pressure has no where to go, so it goes back into the cylinders! BINGO instant "Turbo" effect!

:wink:

Look at it this way. Suppose you restrict your exhaust pipe alot, OK how about, totally restrict the exhaust pipe, the system will begin to pressurize. Since you have blocked the exhaust, the pressure has no where to go, so it goes back into the cylinders! BINGO instant "Turbo" effect!

:wink:

I understand what you are saying, but maybe you could elaborate a bit for me. back pressure 'backs up' ino the combustion chamber, but with that restricted exhaust, won't there be a continuous lag there from the engine not being able to effectively release the exhaust gasses out the tail pipes?

• 4 weeks later...

Eh i called the company about 1 year ago and asked about this product . I was told the design of the product creates a vacuum affect on the tail end of the device .

I was also told to put them at the end of the exhaust pipe about 8 inches inwards from the tips or rear of the car where the pipe exits . Needless to say it seemed like a bunch of BS to me .

Jason

I bought a set. I was mainly interested in quieting the car some without losing much power. At the time, my car had straight pipes on it, and it was LOUD.

I ran them for several track events, and according to the butt dyno, they didn't affect power up or down. They did quiet the car some, so that was good. I changed them out for a set of race bullets, mainly because the sound of the inserts wasn't for me. They give the car a sort of high pitched exhaust note.

They were the 3" 3 disc version, and could be purchased for a reasonable price if anyone wants to try them.

John