HybridZ

Well I think Ive finally got my Silver car dialed pretty close!

Well took the ole silver car out to autocross today, and took it for a few spins. It is ALOT better than last year. It could still use some toe out in the front, and I could be a LITTLE smoother on the throttle (DAMN ITB'S!) and steering. I had a few people from here ride or drive my car which included, IanZ, John Coffey, Frank280zx, and a couple other people I didnt know. I was turning consistant 69 second times also. I finally have a working spring combo with 300 in/lb in the rear and 250 in/lb in the front. I was running 3 degrees negative camber up front, and 3 degrees positive caster up front, with 1/8" toe out. In the rear I was running 1.5 degrees negative camber out the back with 1/8" toe out. Anyways just thought I would share what works good for me. The comment I loved the most was "this car certanly has the power" , or "this car has too much power" HAHA. I could use a little more cam though, as we were hitting over 7200 rpm on the last straight away in second, with the 4.38 LSD. I am running 520 lift with 286 duration, I might give it ten more degrees duration.

For some autocross cars (mostly FWD) toe out in the rear is used to promote a small amount of instability and get the car to rotate easier. Its not a good idea on a RWD car bcause it affects power application. Basically with rear toe out on a RWD car you have to wait until the outside rear tire is starting to unload before adding power. Rear toe out will help a RWD car get into a corner but it delays when and limits how much power can be applied coming out of the corner, which ultimately slows you course times in the funny world of autocross.

I think katman was running toe out in the back of his ITS car.

My opinion is that the ultimate goal is to get the car balanced. You can do that by tightening up the front or loosening up the rear. In my experience it's better to tighten the end that isn't gripping until you can't get any more out of it, and then adjust the other end to match.

In terms of comparison, I think this means more caster in the front along with more toe out, and which point you could probably toe in the rear and still be able to rotate the car.