HybridZ

*****custom Z Diecast Contest*****

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can join until june 15! Due date is June 30...

I do believe our model is Hybrid enough. As a matter of fact most of our models are hybrids/customs...And yes, I work for JADA toys. Is there a better 1/24 240Z hybrid out there for the same price?...My custom Z sample is almost done...It`s nothing too fancy. I think I`ll be posting pics at around 7 pm PST...

ERIC

I worked on this about 5 hours.This is a very simple custom.There isn`t really anything interesting about it. But I hope it will give you some ideas.

I used parts from 3 different cars and one 18 wheeler.

These are: Engine, supercharger, scoop, rear end and NOS bottle from 1956 Ford F-100F100.jpg

Inter-cooler and seat from Mustang GTRMustang-GTR.jpg

Pro street tires from any BigTime Muscle car with pro street tires. ie:Challenger-Concept.jpg

Fuel Cell came from a 1/32 RoadRigz hauler.http://www.jadatoys.com/products.php?id=2263&category=Road%20Rigz&scale=32&dir=-1

I want to remind you that I work for JADA Toys and I`m lucky enough to have access to many parts cars:smile:

Mirrors and bumpers deleted.

I will add freehand racing graphics on this car using acrylic and markers. Headlights will be installed afterwards. I might add sponsor decals which I printed out using sticker paper.

Removing glass is very tricky. I don`t recommend it. Instead try to mask them inside and out using(duh!) masking tape.

Because of the valve covers and the radiator I wasn`t able to use the original hood. I might leave it like this or create a custom hood.

The quality of the pictures you will take and e-mail us, is MOST important!!! If you must, use photoshop to balance the light but do not modify the model itself! A yahoo! e-mail account will be created just for this contest. It will be accessed by DavyZ, Mikelly and myself.

Here are the pics. Any questions? feel free to ask and good luck to all of you!

CustomZ-2.jpg

CustomZ-6.jpg

CustomZ-1.jpg

CustomZ-3.jpg

CustomZ-4.jpg

CustomZ-7.jpg

CustomZ-5.jpg

Yep...It used to be orange...:-)

Racing graphics will be applied soon!

ERIC

Very, Very Nice!! 5 hours well spent. I wish I had access to the parts supply that you do. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to do more scratch work.

The windows are not that hard to remove, you just need a steady hand, a sharp drill bit and a little patience. Mine needed to come out for what I have planned, I'm just glad I didnt crack them.

btw, what is the little bar under the dash on the passenger's side for?

Here`s what a rush job looks like:-D

I didn`t really have time from work to use acrylics and go into detail, instead I used sharpie marker pens...Flames, as you can tell are freehand...

You can sign up until june 15..Due date is june 30! good luck to you all and have fun!

CustomZ-8.jpg

CustomZ-9.jpg

CustomZ-10.jpg

PS: Dang! I forgot the chute and the wheelie bars:redface:

ERIC

Lookin good Eric! I just got my model today, it disassembles very easily...I'm torn between two different ideas that I've got going...Now that I've actually got the model, I'm very reluctant to do permanent mods to it. Oh well, nothing ventured...

eBay or www.collectablediecast.com

This will be a lot of fun!

So Max is in... I`m assuming Sparks is in, Jknc90 Jon is in...Who else wants to show his skills!!!! Justin and Kyle...How about you guys?

Here`s the headlight cover version of JADA TOYS 1/24 240Z!..This is an early sample (and it belongs to 280Zforce Justin now) so the headlight covers are not tinted.Production model has slightly tinted headlight covers.

zcars6.jpg

240ZSAMPLE.jpg

ERIC

COOL, I have the WHITE version. :wink:

I'm having such a hard time not posting progress pics...I've done all kinds of cool stuff, and it's killing me not to have anyone to show it to! you other guys are SO in for it. Prepare for total JADA toys 1:24 240z model customizing domination!

I guess I`m gonna have to give away a "most enthusiastic contestant award"...

This is what this contest is all about: Fun and enthusiasm. It`s not about winning.

As JADA TOYS we always encourage customizers. It doesn`t matter if you are a pro or a beginner. Just try and do your best and have fun doing it.

As you know, DavyZ, Mikelly and myself will pick the TOP 5 customs. And HybridZ members will pick the winner after a poll.

We will pick the "Most Enthusiastic Contestant" candidates from those who will not be in the TOP5 and again, HybridZ members will pick the "Most Enthusiastic Contestant" after a poll...This person will receive a special prize!...:shock:

Just do your best.

Best of luck and have fun!

PS: I know, for most of you this is the first time. If you think you are doing something against the rules or need advice on JADA models feel free to e-mail your questions to:

davyzmikellyeric@yahoo.com

Take your time, be patient and take "clear" pictures like the ones I posted.

ERIC

I hear you Max, I've only been working on mine for a couple of days but its killing me to not be able to show anyone! I think you guys are going to like it, I know I'm having a ball building it!

btw, I uh ..broke a part that I need. Is there any chance of getting a replacement or should I get another model to pirate it from?

I don't think I'll be PMing anyone pics besides Eric after further consideration. No offense to anybody, but like Chewie mentioned earlier, it's not supposed to be a popularity contest, so it just doesn't feel right trying to get people psyched about the one I'm making versus anybody else's. Just trust me when I say that supposing my model is one of the final contestants, there will be NO doubt about who was responsible for it...I've got about 16 hours in the fabrication alone already (I've got a boring job, in case there are still some of you out there that haven't gotten the memo about all my free time...), and I'm down to final paint and details on the model itself! Now down to the background (this one just begs to have a background if I do say so myself).