HybridZ

fender flair wheels for widebody

I've run into the issue of buying wheels for my GTO project. I'm trying to stay away from the old school wire rim look and go for a more modern look. But due to the fender flare getting a wheel in the datsun bolt pattern that is wide enough is a problem. I've talked to John Washington about his honda wheels adapters but he was going to check on it and disappeared so I'm assuming he can't get those made anymore. Too bad b/c it was going to be a quick fix. I CANNOT find wheels that are a resonable price that are 10 in width for the rear. I've seen custom made wheels like 3 piece but the price is out of this world. I'd like to get something under $1000 B/C this project has already broke the bank

I'd like to run 16, 17 or 18s on it b/c it'd make the car different looking to sweet anyways. So I'm calling all GTO, velorossa, YZ and all the other Z cars out there with serious flair in the rear to see what wheels everyone else is running!

Not sure if this helps, but my car has five bolt adapters that are seriously thick, like 2 1/2 inches and 2 parts. I am not sure the wheels I have (they were on the car when I got it back), but I assume they fit the 350Z since they are NISMO wheels. The rears are 8" and the fronts are 7" (so I was told). I think they are zero offset (again, so I was told), but with the thick adapters, they fill my flairs pretty well. I am not sure where the adapters came from, but if you want to know, I will try to find out. If any of this is wrong someone feel free to correct me. BTW, I am not sold the the whole adapter idea, but the person I got the car from said they are safe.

wide wheels and cheap dont really go in the same sentence.

but since you said modern would be ok

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/nissan-sale/286638-18x8-18x10-5zigen-fn01r-c-wheels-hyper-black-potenza.html

these are cheaper used obviously but new im pretty sure they're cheaper than any custom 3piece or watanabe wheel, which would be your best options to fill out those flares right, honestly.

but, it'll be easier for you to find wide wheels since youre willing to go so big in diameter.

het976, I have seen 4 to 5 lug wheel adapters before but they required the removal of the stub axle so that one of the lugs could be removed. And I thought that if I was going so far to remove the stub axle I should just get them redrilled for 5 lug right there instead of the adapter. But if you're is a simple bolt on then that's awesome and would definately be something I could use.

lunar240z, I like those wheels but they are 5 lug and I would have to convert to 5 lug if I wanted to use them. But if 5 lug is my best option maybe I should consider doing that. Has anyone here done that? I know if I did my world would open up on availability for wheels. Just figured the conversion was long and hard...

They just bolt to to exhisting hub like a wheel using lug nuts. The key is they are really wide, so a stock body could not use them, but if you NEED the width then they are prefect. They are two piece, with a 2 inch plate that bolts to the hub using lug nuts, then a 1" adapter that attaches to the plate with 7 12mm grade 8 allen screws. They seem really stout. I am out the door on a business trip to Houton this am, I will post some pictures of the adapters on Friday when I get back and ask the guy I got the car from where he got them.

Yep, 10" Wide wheels for under $1000 is not going to happen. If you want modern and a bad ass full race look, I would save up the $2K and get CCW wheels. You call them and tell them exactly what you need, and in return you get something like these

ccw.jpg

They have a good selection of styles, but most importantly you can get them upto 17" WIDE LOL!!

http://www.skulte.com

Custom 4-5 lug adapters. The only wide wheels you are going to find for less than a $1000.00 will be a great deal !!! or 5 lug Mustang wheels on Ebay, http://www.wheelreplicas.com, http://www.mustangtuning.com. Other options are to re-drill drums to 5-lug or convert to 5-lug Arizona Z car brakes.

There are several options in Mustang wheels for 10"+ wheels. The '03 Cobra, Cobra R, FR500, Saleen 5 spoke, and even the Bullitt all have wide versions available. I just wish I could find a wide version of the 10th Anniversary Cobra wheel.

This does of course assume a 5 lug conversion with 300zx hubs up front and spacers in the back, or something similar.

Okay for everyone's reference incase you fall into the same situation that I'm in. Centerline will custom drill some of their wheels for datsun lug in the 10 in width. The deal that they have on this is 225/wheel and you are able to specify the offset on the wheel as well. So the cool thing is that you don't have to do any mods on it, it's in the 4x4.5 bolt pattern. I've looked long and hard and that seemed to be my only non wheel adapter option without serious modification.

Guest TeamNissan

Ya those stang wheels are really tempting

Yep, 10" Wide wheels for under $1000 is not going to happen.

You can get the nascar style or d window wheels for 65$ each at 15x10. It can and does happen lol.

Just to follow up on my commitment, here are some pictures of the wheel adapters that came with my car, to adapt to 5 lug. They seem really robust, but I welcome more experianced thoughts. I am still trying to find out where they came from.

hub_thumb.jpg

hub2_thumb.jpg

Hub3_thumb.jpg

hub 4_thumb.jpg

Just to follow up on my commitment, here are some pictures of the wheel adapters that came with my car, to adapt to 5 lug. They seem really robust, but I welcome more experianced thoughts. I am still trying to find out where they came from.

Hmm,are you looking to get rid of those??

No, not right now. I am way too far away from making the decision...LOL we are just dynamatting the shell this week...I am thinking I will stay with them for now, but want to make sure they are not going to fail. The guy I got the car back from told me he paid like $800.00 for them...not sure if that is true. I have not found them on the internet, so I can't verify that. They are pretty nice.